Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 - News and Rumors

That’s more like it. Docomo too had a couple of ZF3s, then 4s on display, but that doesn’t translate to good sales. People buy Galaxy phones here but it’s the slab ones.

Somebody (Samsung?) is sure tamping down expectations for the Galaxy Z Fold 5:

The Atticle notes that, “Samsung’s employees are not satisfied with how the Galaxy Z Fold 5.” Hell, we reached that same conclusion months ago. Now, how about employing those engineers that Samsung keeps on the payroll, redesign the aspect ratio to be more like the Pixel Fold and make it as thin. Then, damn it, put a pen in a silo. Samsung can find a way. If not, build it into the case so that it fits in the space between the openings in front, like IPad cases do.

1 Like

I wonder why Sammy can’t make a stick pen for the Fold5 that would make the case you describe a minimal addition?

Even if this is the company’s own propaganda to tamp down expectations, it, coupled wtih the Pixel Fold’s sales, might motivate a redesign next year. It might also mean serious discounts upon release of the 5 or 4s or whatever.

Latest from theVerge.

Galaxy Z Fold 5 leak shows a hinge that closes flat - The Verge

Maybe I see a replacement for my Duo 2 after all…???

1 Like

The pen in the full image at SamMobile looks considerably thinner - new case/holster!

I hope it’s heavily discounted. That’s the only thing that will make me consider trading in my Fold 3. It’s already showing its age.

Dont know about the Samsung but Verizon is discounting the Pixel Fold at firesale prices. Verizon has a preorder price at 1,100 off plus trade in discount. Maybe that will give Samsung pause.

2 Likes

That must be just for existing customers. I’d be switching from AT&T and the base 256gb model is $1799; after trade in of an iPhone 13 Pro it is $875.88 (36 months x $24.33)

I went back and read the ad again. The price is with max trade, not plus. My bad.

NEVER apologize for anything related to carrier advertising - even the chat rep told me I should be getting max trade-in but system refused to authorize more than $850. Like they always said about AT&T’s Randall Stephenson - if his lips were moving…

2 Likes

There’s a reddit post claiming that a thinner Fold S-pen is coming out, presumably to make the pen case more compact.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyFold/comments/14rvfgt/comparison_of_old_vs_new_fold_edition_s_pen/

Hmm…

2 Likes

Hmm…

1 Like

Like most reddit’s the comments just tend to pi$$ me off. If Sammy offers up a case that lets it sit on the frame edge, that would be a good option for now. the obvious solution STILL is to use the Note 20 S Pen design and make the Fold 6 a little wider (like the Pixel and Find N2) with a silo, NOT thicker.

4 Likes

Lots of sites are predicting a price cut on the Fold 5 (because of the better form factor/cameras of the Pixel Fold and others). A price cut combined with Samsung’s notorious trade-in values - IF you can get your order to go through - could be “the year of the Folds” especially if Sammy improves its pen game…

1 Like

Not that I need to, but with a very good deal, I might think of upgrading to the 5.

Well, if they lower the price and still have their great trade in and accessory deals, your wallet is going to take a beating…

1 Like

You very much guessed it right. Still not a impressed with the insignificant iterations though. A Fold 5 Ultra with pen silo would make me a very happy camper.

1 Like

If the difference between the 4 & 5 is minuscule and Sammy lower the price on the 4 that should offer an enticing bargain, no?

4 Likes