Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3

I’ve been thinking about that, but an Android tablet really gives me nothing over the SP8 other than a much better size. I wouldn’t use a traditional Android tablet with the SP8 - at least the iPad Pro 11 gives me the Apple ecosystem (iMessage, FaceTime, iPhoto, Apple News +) to differentiate it from the SP8.

That large Fold3 screen is amazing and I prefer it to the Surface Duo approach. My real problem is whether the two gun solution is better than one for my needs…

1 Like

I feel you on the differentiation (or lack of) point. With the SP8, I won’t stop to consider an Android tablet, even if it’s free. The lure of the Fold and Duo are the folding and dual screens respectively.

3 Likes

Yeah, no tablet fits into any pocket I have.

Coin pockets do not count.

1 Like

My Galaxy Tab 8 with S-pen goes into my back pocket on my jeans. But that may just be proof of how big my a$s is.
Not that I would ever want to go around with it like that, forget that I have it on me and sit down to the sound of craaack.

7 Likes

New tech spec: “Does this tablet make my a$s look big?”

Thanks @Kumabjorn ! :rofl:

6 Likes

I’m convinced if I were fully invested in Android phones, I’d move up to the Fold4 and call it a day. But keeping my feet in both camps seems to be my purgatory…

3 Likes

Well, it happened, my screen finally developed a stress crack smack in the middle of the fold. I had been without an inner screen protector for a long time due to that cracking and bubbling off. I tried a few replacements, but decided naked was just fine since I have BB Total anyway (it’s covered for another two months). I went online, set up an appointment for my local store and took it in. The nice Geek Squad Geek took a look, looked up my account, typed some stuff, and told me it’s eligiable for express replacement. I get to keep it while they send me a new one in 1 to 2 business days. I then have 30 days to send my old one back. $99 deductible. As long as the replacement is as “like new” as my current one, this should be an easy exchange.

6 Likes

My $10 screen protector that I picked up from AliExpress has lasted much longer than the OEM one did (knock of wood)