OG (Original) MS Duo as an Android 12L Mini-Tablet

Yeah, I mentioned it elsewhere on this forum. I was super careful but that thin bit of plastic came right off one day.

1 Like

I love my SD1, but somehow Android still seems to have way more if these types of rogue apps than iOS. So as always: only install well-known apps from developers you trust.

2 Likes

Curious if there is any note taking app that letā€™s you have two notes open simultaneously, one on each screen.

Seems like the consensus is no: Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like

Was hoping that MS was considering a Duo version of OneNote.

2 Likes

Two running instances of an app on Android itself is a bodge.

There are workarounds, I use Readera in multiple windows, but itā€™s not exactly elegant.

1 Like

So far, OneNote has been a poor step child on Android - the moreso on Duo.

2 Likes

More like

2 Likes

PSA: thereā€™s a system update available. For those who had trouble making calls, apparently that issue has been fixed.

1 Like

Anybody else see lots of home screen glitches since the update? Itā€™s like ā€œexplorer crashesā€, so it does feel very windows like. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Sometimes I yearn for the certainty of the old days of BSODā€¦

I miss the Amiga days, when it was called ā€œGuru meditationā€ā€¦ :joy:

2 Likes

I loved the whole spirit behind the original Amiga OS. It went even further; if you were part of the private beta for OS testing, youā€™d also get messages like "it looks like we fā€™'d that one up " or ā€œyour application attempted bad jujuā€¦ā€

2 Likes

Still enjoying the heck out of this Duo, but one thing Iā€™d like improved is a more consistent slideover experience. Thereā€™s the Microsoft left side pane, the top settings pane, the app drawer, the app search slideoverā€¦ Too often I try to tap out of a slideover pane and it turns out I need to slide to close it, and vice versa. I guess eventually Iā€™ll learn, but itā€™d be nice if it was more consistent.

1 Like

Well, two months in Iā€™m joining the ā€œbroken charging port clubā€. I do have MS complete, debating whether I should accidentally run it over with my car and get a replacement device.

2 Likes

My condolences. Do you know how it happened or did you just wake up one morning and see it broken like I did?

The latter. Always carefully plugged in, maybe not as careful taking the cable out. I wonder if thatā€™s when it happens, might actually be the most likely scenario.

1 Like

I hate to accuse her when she might be innocent, but the most likely scenario in my case is that while I was charging it overnight the cat stepped on it which put pressure on the connection as it squished into the cushion on the back of the couch. :black_cat:

Sorry, the tire tracks method has been patented. Youā€™ll need to come up with something more original.

6 Likes

:person_tipping_hand:

Well, itā€™s insanity here again (doing same thing, same way, expecting different results). Do any of you have any experience at repairing the infamous cracking trim around the USB-C port. I picked up a MS Duo Uno (256gb/unlocked) off eBay for $225 with cracked port housing. Plan to try (again) to use it as my RingCentral office phone replacement.

Yes, I know it is ancient and EOL (thank you Surface Duo 3) but I really do need a better solution for my business phone line than SIM/eSIM on my iPhone 13 Proā€¦