We're making waves... we just hit over 500,000 annual pageviews!

Hello everyone (@trust_level_0)! Today’s announcement is just a short message marked by a significant milestone that I am dying to share. I am thrilled to break the news that our forum’s annual pageviews have just surpassed the half-million mark! I had to double-check the numbers to make sure my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me, but it’s true and exciting, to say the least. Additionally, I noticed today that last month’s monthly pageviews reached 54.9K, so we are now trending towards 600,000 to 800,000 annual pageviews.

At this stage of our forum’s journey, it has been an ascent from our humble beginnings of an impromptu mass exodus just over two years ago from our TechTarget namesake. But it wouldn’t be the same without you! I am grateful to each and every one of you here who has contributed to making our growing community fun and helpful in our shared joy of pint-sized computing. Let me know if you have any suggestions or if you ever just want to chat! From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

-Hifi

12 Likes

Well now!

I’m usually surprised by crowds larger than 100 or so. I have a simple brain in many ways. Any numbers with a ‘k’ next to them baffle me.

However, when I think about those Big Figures in relation to this site, it seems perfectly rational. This little club house is also an adjunct information center for…, the Entire World. Anybody out there in the Entire World who has a question in this specific vein is likely to wander by.

In any case, you’ve done some excellent work. The bells and whistles around here really are quite spectacular, useful and also unobtrusive. I am NOT one for change, so if I’m giving out points for design, then it’s a sweet design. (I like how I can see my self typing next to myself in the edit box right now. How cool is that?)

Good Job!

4 Likes

Congrats! Thanks for hosting this party, and for keeping things fully up to date. Aside from the great crowd here, other things that make this forum such a pleasure to use is how well everything works, and the complete lack of ads! Truly amazing.

I think I’ve said it before, but if the ever-growing page views start increasing the hosting costs, set up a Patreon account and I’ll gladly make a contribution. In the meantime: onward to our first million page views!

6 Likes

AWESOME! You and all the other volunteers deserve mega-props for an amazing job!

3 Likes

So I almost never use the term “astounded” but it completely applies here.

I’ve also noticed a steady rise in page rank for our forum when my folks do google searches on various topics.

@Hifihedgehog what you have done and continue to do I want to give my heartfelt thanks. Truly above and beyond! Kudos…

7 Likes

@Hifihedgehog

Wow! A well-deserved pat on the back to you for your tireless stewardship of this site!

4 Likes

Thanks and thank you for your tremendous help in being the voice of the admins when I handle the technical side of things. I am passionate about the site but as I have shared in the past, no donations! If anyone feels good about their time here, channel those positive vibes into a private donation to your favorite charity. As long as we keep the TabletPCReview spirit alive and well, that is all I will ever need for fulfillment here. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Your foresight on this is “paying” off. I’ll admit that I was pretty skeptical that this was going to work out when you first started floating the idea.

Thanks!

4 Likes