Forum Member Check-In

dstrauss - reporting for duty :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

SteveS (Steve S at TPCR) also here…

5 Likes

Here here! :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Recent TPCR dog-slowness on my end prompted me to make sure this rescue boat is up and ready, just in case the worst happens.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. One has to wonder why the owners keep TPCR open at this point.

2 Likes

Yep, this is still very much up and operational for the next five years. Plus if the worst thing in the world were to happen and the data center burnt down to the ground, I have daily full backups of the forum plus 4 interday differential backups of the full server up to a month back stowed away safely on my OneDrive. So we could easily restore anything here at a moment’s notice if things were to go south. There is little reason to believe we would though since the server here has been online for 70 days at this point with no mishaps or snafus. When it was not online, I did a server reboot for about half a minute to run a update—nothing earth-shattering—so things should be rock-solid stable.

4 Likes

Checking back in Sonic…

2 Likes

Another check-in as forum.tabletpcreview.com has been flaky this morning, redirecting to ww12 or ww1.tabletpcreview.com. A page full of ad category links; the kind of page that you get when a domain was freed…

Edit: it seems TechTarget has not renewed the domains on a couple of other sites (as well?).

So… has it finally happened? Maybe not, it seems it was renewed on the 16th:

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2022-01-16T13:00:29Z
https://domains.google.com/registrar/search/whois/tabletpcreview.com?hl=en&searchTerm=tabletpcreview.com

2 Likes

dstrauss2 here - I couldn’t get my password to work, and i no longer have access to my former work email, so I re-registered.

Latest wonkiness at TPCR makes me think more than ever taht it is on the ropes.

4 Likes

Your accounts were just combined. Also, I fixed the forum. A simple update cycle fixed everything. It was an outdated plugin causing contention with the user table.

2 Likes

Thanks! No problem logging in now. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Was just able to create an account myself. The site was even smart enough to offer that I fix that wrong email that I entered… I have high hopes for this forum! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Reporting for duty!

5 Likes

Welcome aboard the refugee express!

5 Likes

Hi, DR: Can you send me the URL for your subreddit? Thanks!

UPDATE: Nevermind. Dellaster took care of it…

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/TabletPCReview/

2 Likes

Nnthemperor checking in :raised_hand: A lifetime of rants and “enablings” lost, but hey, if we could do it once, we could do it again. Thanks guys, now I’m happy.

6 Likes

Someone find Desertlap and bring him over. We need all those insider tips.

3 Likes

Lilawyn, reporting in! I was never too active on the forum, but I have very fond memories of the sheer number of tablets that the tabletpcreview crew helped me pick over the years. :heart:

7 Likes

Working on it - PS how do we quote text we are replying to?

2 Likes