The World’s First AMD Ryzen Tablet PC: Minisforum AMD Ryzen 7 7840U-based Windows Tablet PC Coming In Q1 2024

Minisforum, a prolific Chinese manufacturer of mini PCs, has just teased an AMD Windows tablet PC. Exact specifications and official press information are limited at the moment. However, based upon the still images of the device discovered in a video reposted on Chinese video service bilibili, the tablet PC features slim bezels as well as a digital pen (likely pressure sensitive) and a particularly thick metal detachable keyboard. Also apparent is a Surface-style retractable kickstand given the horizontal line and notch on the side of the device. Rounding out the device are two USB-C ports, likely USB 4.0 and Thunderbolt 3 compatible which are supported natively by the Ryzen 7040 series platform, are shown on the unobscured side as well as what appears to be a fingerprint scanner-equipped power button given the button’s ultra-flat rectangular face. Finally, a rear camera is located at the upper left corner on the rear of the tablet providing basic video and photographic functions. Minisforum in their presentation featured in this video focuses heavily on the AI capabilities of the tablet inherent to the AMD Ryzen 7 7840U processor’s Ryzen AI technology. No release date has yet been provided, but WCCFTech (who misidentified the processor to be used in this device in their article which I have used here as a secondary source) claims the tablet is slated for a CES 2024 reveal and a Q1 2024 release.

5 Likes

Well, I’m interested. Wonder what the pen tech will be like.

Will it be a sub $300 device?

Probably not. I would guess $800-$1200 given the Ryzen 7 7840U is cream of the crop.

1 Like

I would assume MPP since that seems to be the first choice these days as is the case with Robo & Kala.

1 Like

Probably, but one can hope for better.

1 Like