Straight line issue on aftermarket iPad Pro screens

Something to consider if you ever have to replace your iPad Pro screen: third party screens could cause issues with the Apple pencil.

2 Likes

Yet another reason I would love to get away from Apple for my next drawing tablet.

2 Likes

James, did you end up moving away from apple for your next drawing tablet? If yes, what did you choose?

No, I am still using an iPad Pro. The more Windows leans into AI, and more importantly, Advertisements and ramming things down our throats, the less I want a Windows tablet. Plus, I don’t like any of the pen tech other than Wacom, and there just aren’t any good options with long battery life yet. Hopefully When the newest Snapdragons start getting put in Samsungs we’ll see a Wacom enabled drawing tablet with decent battery. Until then I’m stuck with Apple.

2 Likes

This is the same problem I’m running into. I’ve actually been considering getting an intuos pro or wacom one plus a regular laptop with long battery life. It’s that, or keep the ipad.

The ipad is just difficult to use for anything other than art. I tried downloading an mp4 the other day from an art tutorial, and had no idea how to get it playable on the ipad. I couldn’t get it to show up under the gallery. This stuff should be so simple.

Do you use a different device for regular laptop use or do you get by with just the ipad?

I have a macbook pro for my day job as a software engineer. Definitely can’t do that well on the iPad. I try to segment everything I do between my devices though as much as possible. My laptop is for work. My IPP is for art, my phone is for social stuff. It helps to reinforce the habit when I pick up my IPP, I’m doing so to be creative and not to consume. I don’t have any social media apps on it, or much of anything other than a bunch of art programs and note taking/writing programs. Even my iPads are kinda segmented. I have a 12.9 that I have the magic keyboard for and use it mainly for creative writing type things, and my smaller 11" IPP is for actual art. I don’t have a keyboard for it, so it’s really not even useful for anything keyboard related.

3 Likes