SOLVED: Looking For An Email Client That Can Filter By Sender NAME, Not Address

I have a former client that was hacked so I’m getting emails ”from” this client’s name but the actual email address is somebody else, usually from an educational address, and it changes each and every time. They’re scam emails with a link to something, claiming it’s photos he meant to send or somesuch. This has been going on for months and months and I’m fed up with it. Blocking the email address is useless. I want an email client for iOS, iPadOS, and/or macOS, that can filter incoming emails by the name displayed, not just the sender email address like all the other ones do, and block it or send it to spam or delete it. I no longer have any contact with this former client nor reason to resume contact so deletion is fine.

Not full blown Outlook, please. Not an expensive app either – it’s not worth that much to me to filter this one annoyance, but I will consider paying a reasonable amount or subscription if it’s a good email client that has this feature. Thanks.

I think I got it. They’re coming to my Outlook.com address so I went to outlook.com and set up a rule that anytime this guy’s name is in the header it should go to the deleted folder. The header always has his name, like “New Pictures from [his name]” or “Forwarded from [his name]” so this seems to work. They use his full name, first & last, so this won’t catch anyone in the future who has one or the other. I moved a couple of them one at a time from the junk folder to the inbox and both times they ended up deleted.

Leaving this topic instead of deleting it in case someone else gets this annoying problem.

2 Likes

AAF

1 Like

AAF = “annoying as fudge”? I’m trying to keep up with the cool kids here.

1 Like

Something along that line, just trying to stay kosher.

2 Likes

I know you’ve found a solution, and wasn’t eanmored with full blown Outlook, but it now seems full Outlook is free on Macs

1 Like

As was remarked in the article, that’s a surprise move by Microsoft. Though even free I’m not interested since I don’t need any of the extra power and features. …And I would worry that they’ll pull a gotcha once they get enough people dependent on it. :scream_cat:

1 Like

Not to worry…they wouldn’t turn ChatGPT loose on your PST file… :vb-rolleyes:

2 Likes