Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

So I’ve said this before, but was reminded of this again Saturday, but software inconsistency between “flagship” products running the same core OS behaving significantly different just irks me no end.

Specifically, in this case, I plugged my 22 Ultra in to my LG 4K ultrafine display which supports charging, can act as a hub, etc.

But what I hadn’t noticed before is that plugging it in to the LG provided a full screen, full resolution DEX desktop, while at the same time keeping the standard oneUI interface on the phone all without me doing anything. Including recognizing my USB based mouse and keyboard which I have plugged in to the LG display. Which to me makes good sense as the “default”. And I can still turn on making the phone in to a trackpad with a couple of touches.

OTOH, when I plugged in our Lab Tab S8 plus in to the same display it simply mirrored the standard UI on the main display including a cropped image to match the internal display aspect ratio.

And even after multiple trips in the settings/dex menus, the best I could get for a “one and done” plug in experience was to set to auto start DEX when HDMI is plugged in.

Which, while that gives a nicely scaled full aspect ratio image on the external display, also blanks the internal display, or turns on the trackpad function.

TLDR, I want my S22 Ultra and my Tab S8 to behave the same way where it makes sense to do so.

1 Like

Who’s the author & why is the link to an Galaxy A71 device that lacks s-pen support?

Over on the Never again a Samsung there is a discussion about it being a bot or “social media monkey” an expression I’m note entirely sure about (but I have some intuitive feeling for).

1 Like