M2 iPad Pro 11

Interesting that they tout “native palm rejection”. No real explanation as to what that really means.

Also given its wide compatibility including the older standard iPad and iPad Mini, my suspicion is that things like latency and scan rate are in line with the original pencil and not the pencil 2. And for instance, Logitech’s product drops the display refresh to 60hz when used on the Pro.

That likely doesn’t matter to the more casual user, but we aren’t that. OTOH, it is a lot cheaper.

1 Like

Latest M2 iPad Pro rumors. If this is all there is, I most definitely will look for deals on the 2020 Pro to replace my 2018.

Five Features Rumored for the New iPad Pro Expected Next Month - MacRumors

1 Like

The “Top Rated Quote” may have said it all:

“Wonderful, so basically a little faster but you have to re-buy all the expensive accessories. Works for Apple!”

I have to admit, however, if the two 4-pin connectors bring data and PD connectivity, PLUS a new Folio style folding keyboard, I’ll be sorely tested…

What am I thinking, still only Stage Manager and a gimped Finder substitute - move along, nothing here to see…

3 Likes

The rumored glass back is also very Apple, and very much what I don’t want. If only they would use the exact same material as on the Kindle (with better colors). That stuff is a pleasure to hold, doesn’t scratch easily, and doesn’t require a protective case. If course it would drop sales of AppleCare+, so not a chance in heck.

2 Likes

I agree with you, the fire tablets are perhaps the only tablets that are comfortable to hold without a case especially in that they aren’t slippery like every other tablet, and they are fairly scratch resistant. Unfortunately I can’t say the durability of the front display matches that as our lab units are covered in small and medium scratches.

And give how often Apple folks bag on the kindle tablets. it aint gonna happen.

1 Like

But, the Kindle is so jejune.

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t really get the appeal of wireless charging on a device that large. How many wireless chargers out there are actually built to support something like it? You have to have a pretty large surface to lay it down on with most likely a pretty small actual surface area to charge it from. Those stand up phone chargers aren’t likely to work. Charging through the connectors while docked to the magic keyboard is much easier IMO. They should just make a stand that has the connectors with a usb-c cable attached for charging while on the stand.

Also, new connectors and new pencil. Sounds like Apple was tired of people buying the new iPad without buying new accessories. Unless the pencil is leaps and bounds better than the last one, I don’t really see a reason to upgrade.

I still think the leakers and media have gotten it all wrong - the “magsafe” isn’t wireless but the pull away cable of the Mac variety - add that and a silo to the Magic Keyboard 2022 and you have the iPad Pro laptop…

1 Like

What does this say about the groundbreaking M2 iPad Pro and M2 MacBook Pro: