List of Windows 11 tablets and convertibles with stylus

I was curious what the specs of the 16" model were: i7-8559U, Quadro P1000, 5 hour battery life and 2 kg (for the tablet). Ouch. I guess that explains a 50% sale I am seeing here in Europe.

1 Like

Have we already discussed this one on TPCR? The 17" HP Spectre Fold:

1 Like

Wow. 5k.

3 Likes

OMG - I guess i have lived long enough to see it all - a $4999.99 HP Spectre - even if it folds and puts away my laundry that is psychotic!

It truly makes the Lenovo a winner…

2 Likes

Andrew Marc David has posted a preview of the HP Spectre Foldable PC…

Do you guys remember this fella from way back when he first started his channel? I think he was posting on the old site for a while. He’s really grown over the years!

HP sent him a review unit. I think you’re officially a somebody when you get onto the To-Do list of a major manufacturer.

4 Likes

+1

2 Likes

What stylus technology? (come on, you knew I’d ask…)

MPP 2.0

2 Likes

I love the idea of a 17" portable drawing board!

If this had shown up 10 years ago, I would have been going bananas with excitement. Now…, with all the options available, it’s like the war has been won and I’m spoiled and picky.

So, I wonder about its durability. For casual users and media consumption, I’m sure it’s fine, but for lots of drawing, how well does that screen material hold up do you think?

Interesting, I’m similarly spoiled. :slight_smile: It takes a lot to get excited (sign of getting older :yum:). Let’s see if Panos has something good to show next week.

2 Likes

Ha Ha. Good luck with that.

1 Like

Wow, so jaded. What happened to Surface 4 excitement? :stuck_out_tongue:

I think part of my lack of excitement for this particular 17" drawing tablet is the $5k price point coupled with my past experiences with HP’s pen tech. And honestly, with Clip Studio’s advancements on the mobile front with simple mode, the S9 Ultra is a much more attractive deal even if it’s a few inches smaller.

Really though, the thing I’m most excited about is the possibility the Legion Go supports MPP 2.0. That actually does have my interest piqued. I don’t need to replace my MBP, but it would be fun to have an 8.8 inch drawing tablet that I can then connect to my current dock and get real work done on. Just need CSP to enable simple mode on Windows for that to be really viable for what I want.

1 Like

At this point, even Apple could undercut them and that’s including all the first-party accessories including the polishing cloth.

1 Like

He is a good reviewer and seems like a nice guy. Regularly watch reviews of him for some time now and I like that he focuses on business devices as well.

The SLS 2 shows promise if the “leaked” info is correct; better port selection (microSd hurray) and probably good performance this time.

2 Likes

As with most of Microsoft’s interations of the Go, this one started out with excitement at the initial rumors and turned to resignation with the reality of what is going to be released. I’m really perplexed by WOA. It’s far from a perfect solution and I’m not yet sure if the limitations of Windows on Arm are worth the advantages.

I’m left just a little bit hopeful at the lack of leaked information on the Go. Maybe there’s some features that are going to surprise us. I have found the slim pen in the keyboard to be so convenient in my Pro X that I would love to see it on the Go’s keyboard. With the pen tucked in the keyboard charging, the Surface needs no case (which is primarily used to store the pen) and fits neatly in the briefcase, taking up very little room.

2 Likes

:+1: :+1:

WoA has been a disappointment.

Microsoft first announced the Big Idea in 2012. -I just re-read about the announcement on an archived news blog which had little numbers at the bottom which you clicked on to read the next ‘page’. Old blog design. WoA was announced that long ago.

If Microsoft had delivered in, say 2014, it would have been an awesome game changer, but they didn’t, and chip and battery designs have rocketed forward since then.

The idea still makes sense; Efficiency is always a good idea and I’m sure we’ll continue to see industry squeeze and jimmy new and existing tech for performance advantages, and WoA has a place in that, however…

It’s been almost 10 years since the announcement and all the promises, and battery efficiencies on the average new x86 laptop are such that I simply don’t worry about it the way I used to. We’re well past the days of the 45 minute battery life.

2 Likes

As a long suffering Atom user in the early days of the 8-10" tablets, battery life was not the main issue. Battery life with decent power is. Since the adoption of the M3 and I3 in the Go, battery life is nearly a work-day’s worth. I can normally nurse my Go3 to a 6 hour day. With the N200 I expect an easier 6 hour duration and adequate power. So, yea, the old days are somewhat behind us.

That is not to say that I don’t like my Pro X. It has been adequate, considering that it was intended to be an interim device. WOA is far from perfect and the updates seem ill conceived or badly designed. Plus, I am not pleased with the selection of the 7xx cx chip for the Pro 11 if it ever comes to market.

So, yea. If the Go offers any of the modest upgrades I am looking for, I would be happy to jump back to Intel, even though it might not be my most desired CPU.

4 Likes

Oh, right! The Atom!

I waited VERY patiently for an eeePC with an Atom rather than jumping at the early release Celeron version. I was well-rewarded. That was a great little device!

I eventually loaned it to my GF’s father who took it traveling around Europe. Instead of giving it back to me upon his return, he gave me $400 and apologized; he was keeping it forever. I didn’t blame him. It was the only real solution of that kind at the time.

In fact… Is there anything like that today? I suppose I could look.

Gonna go do that now…

3 Likes