Let's talk about the next big tech event

As indicated by the timeline I posted earlier, the iPad mini has always lately had a gap of two or more years. It’ll be two years this coming September.

1 Like

Some rumblings in Apple land ahead of the upcoming as yet unannounced Spring event. No mention of anything tabletey so far.

Oh, and let’s not forget the rumors of a NEW COLOR OPTION for the iPhone. Fairly earth-shattering.

Edit: It’s here

Google I/O is still two months away (May 10), but hey, it might feature a new foldable phone!

Apple’s WWDC event will take place on June 5th. Wonder what hardware we could expect there.

…but before that: Microsoft Build, from May 23-25. Maybe a good time to announce a new Go-on-ARM?

A perfect time. I will have just gotten my Pro X set up completely by then. Actually, I think the fall is more likely, if ever. It is that lack of optomism that led me to try the Pro X, which I must admit I do like much more than I was prepared to.

1 Like

If they do come out with a new Go during Build 2023, we’d know we have you to thank for it! :+1:t2:

That time frame does coincide with rumors I’ve heard that Qualcomm is planning to introduce new mid end and high end WOA friendly chipsets, though nothing Nuvia based yet.

1 Like

In Google’s I/O (starting in 20 minutes today) we’ll see the ins and outs of the Pixel Fold. Appartently “dual screen” mode will come later, but it’s not exactly clear what that means. Side-by-side apps? Spanned apps?

Funny, during the live stream, a host of truly amazing AI innovations are shown to the Google audience. (silence) “Bard now has a dark theme”. (huge cheers) :joy:

What the hell? That is as bad as Microsoft releasing incomplete versions of windows. They are the software develoers for god’s sake. There is no excuse for not having this tablet phone fully functional upon release.

1 Like

In their defense (for now), it’s truly not known what is meant by that disclaimer. Let’s see what they say during the actual introduction, after they are finally done telling the world why they are not bad at AI.

Coming up in a little over two weeks (June 5): Apple’s WWDC 2023! Anyone excited for any of the rumors?

Nope! :yawning_face:

Extended Reality might be interesting in the future once it’s further developed and reasonably priced (for Apple). But that’s not this year!

2 Likes

I completely missed this event. No new hardware announced unfortunately:

I guess it should be no surprise that Build was all about AI this and AI that. :yawning_face:

1 Like

Ars’ summary of what to exect at WWDC 2023:

Samsung set the date. July 26.

Some of you need to get your wallet prepared early this year.

1 Like

As much as I would like to, Samsung and Verizon keep making it hard for me to spend my $$.

Some iPhone 15 rumors before the September Apple event:

The biggest changes: USB-C, and replacing the mute switch with an action button that launches a user-customizable app.

1 Like