Device(s) you want or covet but can't quite bring yourself to pull the trigger on.?

I just don’t see a keyboard being large enough. I tried a bluetooth one for my Huawei for awhile, but I always just ended up typing on the phone directly. A keyboard large enough to feel comfortable typing on sacrifices the portability and speed of access I want. I don’t want to have to unfold a larger keyboard, or carry something larger than the IPM that is docks into. I just want to keep it in my pocket and pull it out to write something down real quick.

The Surface Studio. If only they updated the internals to something more modern or they released a monitor-only version, then I would be totally oohing and ahhing over it.

5 Likes

Well, you don’t want one, and perhaps most iPad Mini users don’t, but I don’t like that line of argument.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever used a keyboard that small. Maybe it would be better than I expect. Have you used anything in that size range before?

My wife and I have both tried Zagg and Bridge on our Mini 5 - YUCK.

2 Likes

After my hands on with it last week, I’ll add another device where I’d be thrilled if someone gifted me one, but otherwise its a little too unique/pricey/niche, to make me pull the trigger.

OTOH it would be an absolute dream for technical document review/compare, something I do on a nearly daily basis

LGs newest display.

1 Like

I also covet that monitor. Unfortunately (fortunately for the wallet) I no longer have any reason to get one.

@Dellaster Would it help if @Bronsky drives over your old monitor?

4 Likes

Only one problem: I meant I no longer have work that could benefit from it. :wink:

1 Like

Second that, especially with Visual Studio getting ARM support.

I also like the Surface Neo formfactor but I would like to see it with larger screens so it can replace a 15" laptop.

2 Likes

I was hoping that maybe maybe a ConceptD 7 Ezel would miraculously go on sale with Prime days, but I thought wrong…

1 Like

I assume you also checked stores other than Amazon? Lots of retailers now join this Nation Day of Excess with their own deals.

Latest addition to my want but wont ever buy list. We saw an engineering sample of this a couple of months back.

It is truly drool worthy but oy! the price. Perhaps if I won the Powerball…
The Samsung Odyssey Ark is the 3-in-1 Monitor of My Dreams - IGN

1 Like

So it’s essentially four 1920 x 1080 monitors stitched together and the same number of pixels as the 27" 4K 3840x2160 Samsung UR-55 I’ve been contemplating getting a second of?

Should I feel bad that I’m disappointed about that? It would be interesting to me if it were instead 7680 x 4320 — am I expecting too much?

3 Likes

No, I agree. I have a 32" 4k work monitor, so a 55" 4k monitor would be way to pixel-y for me.

2 Likes

Yes :grinning: because it’s also miniLED which has some significant size limitation as pixel density goes up.

I don’t know if they are going to explicitly market it with this, but it’s one of the extremely rare displays that will hit 98% NTSC gamut.

The next cheapest one I know that can do that is pro Sony that only 32 inches, 16:9 and is $11k

TLDR. it’s a simply outstanding display by every spec measure excpet perhaps total pixel count.

The one we saw had a better color accuracy than our test instruments could measure.

4 Likes

Colour accuracy and by the sounds of it amazing HDR, very good refresh rate, very good sound, and versatility aside then?

The only downsides seem to be the weight, cost (not relative), and only one HDMI signal at a time (unless that is being misreported).

I don’t know what you plan to drive much at 8k, and 27" is about the limit that 27" can go too before getting too pixelated if you’re splitting it up, so 27.5" isn’t going ro be bad.

Saw some lightly used S8 Ultra with Keyboard cover for 850$ locally and I’m just drooling right about now. The Tab S7 FE was bought for the purpose of Superdisplay, but now that Krita had gotten quite amazing on Android, I could use a bit more power.

But again I never actually stressed my S7 FE yet, and 12 inch is the size that won’t leave my room already. At 14.6" it won’t leave my desk and won’t get a lot of use (quite afraid of leaving such a thin and broad slab on my bed, just my 10 lbs cat steeping on it might cause some problems).

Edit: seller already bought Samsung Care+ for it, quite a good deal. But I just don’t have that kind of cash right now. :joy:

2 Likes

Pretty sure that cat was 9 lbs a month or two ago. :scream_cat:

My little 8 pounder was up to 8.6 lbs last I checked.

He is a growing boy and love laying on electronic. His current favorite place to sleep was on top of my new 8 inch Windows tablet and he love rubbing his cheek on the charging plug ( the reason I have to unplug everything before leaving the house).

2 Likes