S Pen Creator Edition

Pretty quietly and to relatively no fanfare, Samsung mentioned that they were creating an S Pen for the artist.

My thoughts…
Looks about the same width as Tab S Pen

Looks like single button like Tab S Pen

Looks like the button is still flattened to fit the form like Tab S Pen

Looks like no eraser as Tab S Pen

Just COPY THE DAMN INTUOS PRO PEN AND CALL IT A DAY

7 Likes

I was thinking that it looked like an attempt to brand the pen for artists by adding replacable tips, like they previously distributed with the S pens.

2 Likes

That’s so lame.
I was really hoping that I could have a dedicated pen for my tablet, instead of flopping between 4 or 5 different Wacom EMR styluses.

It will be interesting to see if there’s any synergy w/ this and the just announced Wacom One update.

1 Like

What’s the Wacom One update?

See:

2 Likes
1 Like

I’m sorry what?!

Are we back?

4 Likes

Hoping it’s a rocker style button as was available on some Penabled pens.

Official Samsung S Pen Creator Edition Retail Packaged – Fastbatterycharger.com this company is shipping next week

1 Like

$149.99 : : :face_with_spiral_eyes:

That has got to be a new high even for Wacom gear. No double barrel button either.

1 Like

Who do they think they are - Microsoft? Apple?

Stupid price.

It’s not even with the reputation LAMY, Staedtler, Mistubishi, or going back Cross have.

Actually no, the Apple Pencil 2 is only $129 (and comes with free engraving), so clearly Samsung has surpassed them. Magical moment. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I thought one of the Samsung Fold units had a swapped around radio frequency — is this pen compatible with that device? If so, how?

They use what is normally the Wacom EMR eraser frequency.

Right, but assuming that there’s an eraser end how is that documented?

Use the fat eraser end to write on your Fold?

Yes, this works. My fold 3 responds to the eraser end of my boox pen without complaining about it not being a fold spen.

But also, this is how the Samsung pro pen works. It has a switch to change from fold mode to spen mode. If I forget and leave it in fold mode and try to write on a tablet, it erases.

2 Likes

No idea as it seems to have disappeared into thin air.

But, if it’s just for non-fold devices and there’s no end eraser, pressing the button will use the eraser frequency.

If it is for Fold devices, then there likely be a switch to swap the frequencies