iPad Pros: 12.9” and Above

It’s been posted before, but scattered here and there, so I’ll repeat the info:

Apple Pencil nibs that have a better feel for writing on the screen. First reported by @Bishop

https://amazon.com/dp/B07GZKL8WH

My personal pick of screen protector to pair with those nibs. Yes, the matte degrades the beautiful miniLED display visuals but also yes, it’s worth it (to me) for a stylus feel that rivals an S-Pen*. And now with Pencil Hover I’m no longer pining away for Wacom EMR. This is good.

*once it wears in a little. At the moment, the screen protector just applied, it has more friction and is more like a pen tablet than an S-Pen on glass. Edit: it’s actually too sticky—even after swapping to a fresh nib I’m getting squeaks when drawing a line. I hope iCarez didn’t change the formula for the 12.9. It was perfect on my former 11” iPP with these nibs.

Therefore it’s YMMV on the screen protector. Hopefully it’ll stop squeaking as it wears in, but we’ll see.

UPDATE — It’s all good. After some use the nib + screen protector has the same excellent feel as I had on my iPad Pro 11. This seriously rivals the Zbook X2 pen w/grey nib on my Galaxy Book 12 for feel and it performs better (8th gen i5 vs M2… duh).

2 Likes