Huion Kamvas Studio 16

Well after a spree of buying and returning several different very cool laptops with Wacom technology including the galaxy book3 360 Pro…

There are truly no workarounds with the pen issue I was experiencing. No ability to customize the right click on the pen or even have access to the full Wacom control panel. Tried many workarounds and tried to modify drivers etc to no avail.

It would seem for the mobile work that I do, needing specialized Windows desktop software… I had to go and get another MobileStudio Pro 2019.

It feels like lugging around a boat anchor, but it’s the right tool for the job. (Lisa you were correct, sadly.) There was probably some other huion or what have you that could have gotten the job done but I did like the option of having a GPU in a semi-flat 16" screen package. Got to be able to have the option of busting out a little Red Dead Redemption 2 in the hotel room on occasion haha…

I went ahead and upgraded the SSD to 2 TB and got 2 32gb 3200 ram modules bringing it to 64 GB. I use this as a traveling demonstration machine for conferences etc so it’s essential for me to have. Especially with a looming upcoming trip.

It’s very snappy. Now between this and my desktop cintiq I ought to buckle down and actually use it to make a short animated film or three again…

Curses Wacom!
With my luck they will come out with a mobile studio Pro 3 as soon as I get finished typing this and it will be half the weight with a modern chipset. (and be $4000)

:face_with_diagonal_mouth:
C

2 Likes