Feedback Request on Site Logo

Maybe instead of a checkmark it can be a simple curved swoosh that only crosses the top two panels. The placement exactly at the center of the cross means that most of it is actually missing. A single swoosh/swipe is also more like ‘painting’. Not too many of us make checkmarks with a paint brush. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think maybe it’s the brush that’s been used. If it were a smooth brush, then it wouldn’t conflict as much.

I still think it’s too close to Notebookcheck’s.

Anyway, just for fun, here’s my contribution.

2 Likes

That never bothered Steve Jobs…just sayin’

I definitely see your point. I’m not advocating nothing be there, I just don’t like that particular checkmark. It’s too bold and rough for my taste.

I agree, and while I’ve never really visited notebook check, if their logo is that close, I think differentiation would be a good thing. But not with orange. Orange is mostly a hideous colour.

1 Like

1 Like

Nah - their logo is just a check mark over a notebook; orange is hideous (unless it is BURNT ORANGE - Hook’em Horns :metal:)

I’m a Denver Broncos fan, but I still hate orange, which is why I have little of their merch, and what I do have is primarily navy/white.

Ya’ll know nothing of complementary colours!

1 Like

Hmm. Even the ‘single swoosh’ isn’t great. Better imo, but not great. Graphic design is hard!

Side note, maybe the swoosh should be the Amazon Prime arrow, to signify our overspending. :smiley:

4 Likes

Orange Crush all the way baby (grew up in Wisconsin and Colorado). Floyd Little for example…

PS - you guys are ALL too demanding and perfectionistic - just go with the flow guys…

Picky bugger.

PS Just having some fun @Hifihedgehog. I don’t expect you to bother your designer with them.

1 Like

I’ve forwarded every bit of feedback so far so keep it comin’. :wink:

You just can’t let go of warmer colours can you? At least mute the blue a bit more, and bring the red more towards crimson, or a greyish scarlet.

Of course not! Even though blue and purple are my favourite colours.

The grey, green and blue are the actual respective colours of their platforms so…

Anyway, it was just a bit of fun. Think I’ll take my ball elsewhere now though.

1 Like

I’m just joking with you. I like that everyone is adding their own insights and designs.

2 Likes

The mark on this looks better and more representative of the notetakers and artists. That said, I’m not sure about that background. Looks quite busy.

1 Like

@dstrauss OK; you’re not going to believe this, but I went to high school with Floyd. He was a nice guy, but we traveled in different circles. Nerds versus jocks…

1 Like

I actually like this version a lot. Bringing the 2-in-1 in front of the window frame makes it a more obvious tablet and also reduces some of the “busyness” that someone commented on. I still think that the window frame is too thick, though.

As for the background colors, I would only change the lower left quadrant (OG TPCR color); the teal and the blue are somewhat similar and changing to a more complementary color would provide a bit more impact. As for losing the OG TPCR connection, well, this is a new start and no looking back, right?

Finally, I like the “swoop.” While I understand the affinity for the checkmark, what is it that discriminates a tablet from a notebook? Isn’t it freehand writing and drawing? That’s why I think the swoosh is more representative, and more fitting for our logo.

Of course, YMMV…!

2 Likes

Agree on the swoop being more tablet-y.

Side note, your “next upgrade” post. I can’t seem to reply to it. Is there a setting to enable/disable comments?

1 Like