Feedback Request on Site Logo

As mentioned, I am in talks with someone on DeviantArt about getting a site logo made. He is looking for some feedback on which of his logo styles I prefer, and I thought I might open this request to community. Which logos in his portfolio do you guys like?
https://www.deviantart.com/whitefoxdesigns/gallery/all

Sunset Hyena and Los Swamp Monsters. Just sayin’ …

2 Likes

This one grabbed my attention, with colour and styling.

We might something a bit more subdued, but incorporating a pen/inking motif.

Maybe something cute/tech-like, like this:

I like the simplicity of this one:

Without text, I think something in that vein could be adapted to look like a tablet and stylus. A bit more colour though.

And surely someone has to say it: that artist does seem to like certain types of commissions. :rofl: But hey, as long as the logo turns out good.

3 Likes

Maybe something like this but drawn in a pen and ink or as a technical draft drawing (maybe participially completed fading out to the right) with Tablet PC Review written on the tablet screen, or some other arty logo stylisation on a similar theme.

1 Like

I like this design, with a tablet pc, or maybe just a hand and pen, in the center of the logo like @Shizaru 's example and the words “Tablet Life” or “Tablet PC” on either side of the logo:

1 Like

Dumb question alert… where would the site logo appear? Just on the favicon? At the top of every page? On our merchandise? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would appear as the site logo in the upper left hand corner here, on the main news and review site, in the favicon and in the wiki. I may have merchandise on the main site but I will keep it totally separate from here since my intention is to keep the forum ad revenue and cash grabbing free. I’d like to keep this forum as congenial and fun as possible as a free and open service to the community.

1 Like

@dstrauss Something along the lines of this? The issue will be how the logo presents in different media formats. What looks good on a screen could look awful in print, and then there is colour and BW to take into account.

1 Like

How about something simplistic along these lines? The ole’ MS colors with the letters TPCR in it somehow. Obviously a terrible mockup, but just to give an idea. Could be e.g. lighter red, lighter green regions (without the outline), or some other cool stylized letters that maintain the “four-block” aesthetic.

1 Like

Or something like this, where the four corners are supposed to indicate something like tablet/surface studio/x1yoga/surface pro to highlight the different types of form factors that we’re interested in.

4 Likes

@JoeS I like both our your designs, they have a fresh. modern look to them. The big risk as our own designer always reminds us is if it will stay that way or look dated quickly. I very much like them right now though.

1 Like

Definitely like the lines of this. Q: Does the color scheme make the site look M$ centric, and do we care?

2 Likes

That’s my only concern. Otherwise I like it.

Edit: I mean, I think we’ve moved beyond the days when “tablet PC” meant Microsoft, and we’re not another Surface Forums either.

2 Likes

Yeah I agree, I was just trying to come up with something more simple that would work at a small scale as well. Maybe it can be a jumping off point for the more graphically gifted among us! :grin:

4 Likes

@Shizaru - I think you’re right - media formats and colors could make that look too busy. I like @JoeS concept better for cleanness and simplicity - of course with his, @Hifihedgehog, @SteveS, and @Nnthemperor avatars in the four corners…

2 Likes

You mean the four horsemen of the tablet apocalypse… :rofl:

1 Like

I was thinking more…

2 Likes

How about some inclusive mashup of the Apple,Android,Windows logo’s with a dash of Discourse? I rounded the Windows pane to reference the rounded corners all over windows 11. :slight_smile:

Although the Android logo makes it look a little like snail. :grin:

Or with less darkness:

Nah, still ugly… :joy: I’m just spitballin’ here folks!

1 Like

I’m feeling your second try even more - but maybe not so stylized so it is more easily identifiable. Our heritage was the “PC” in Tablet PC Review, which then branched out to iOS and Android tablets/phones. We almost need Gates’ original tablet pc (2000) followed by the original iPad (2010), then the Galaxy Note (2011), and finally the Surface Pro (original 2012) or #4 (2015) - either is iconic and representative of the current trend…