Device(s) you want or covet but can't quite bring yourself to pull the trigger on.?

If you try to get it off their website it still keeps coming up to around $1000-1100 even with trade-ins and discounts…that $599 deal would keep your current smartphone in hand as well…

1 Like

Even after optimizing memory?

I actually don’t have that problem, don’t know why though.

1 Like

And if it came with a pen silo I’d switch in an Austin minute.

4 Likes

Maybe I just need to do a factory reset.

2 Likes

The go to solution when nothing else seems to work. Usually a real PITA. Could you somehow have gotten som maleware in it?

I don’t think so. I don’t side load, or really even install Play Store apps that aren’t big company sources. I don’t do attachments on the device because I don’t get mail on it.

1 Like

Did on mine a long time ago and didn’t use restore. Just only essential apps. Felt snappy first week and went back to it’s usual behavior.

1 Like

Yeah, but the price and I already have a perfectly functional first gen Fold…

Also no pen silo and no quick to access bigger display. As much as I like and use my Fold, I want something that doesn’t require an extra step (and in the case of the pen, an extra thing to remember*).

*I’m the sort of person who has repeatedly left things on top of cars and driven off, including a laptop once. If I haven’t forgotten at least one thing in a given day, then it’s a minor miracle.

My brother-in-law did this with a brand new laptop we bought him for his birthday several years ago. The replacement he bought got a crack in the screen after he dropped it off a table. He still uses it though. The funny thing is, he’s a Software Engineer. You’d think his computers would be high priority for him.

2 Likes

Thankfully, I had it in a Zeroshock case. The case ended up battered and the zip busted, but the laptop only had an extra cosmetic crack on a hinge (it being plastic there probably helped).

It was handed into the police, thankfully.

4 Likes

About 8 inch devices, I’m glad I got the Raytrektab 8 when it was still available. Fit in my little bag nicely, brought it to work daily, does everything I need it for even if a tad bit slow. It got more use than my gaming laptop and my Tab S7 FE combined (probably the reason I shouldn’t spend on the even bigger S8 Ultra, bigger = lazier to take out to use unfortunately). No silo no problem as I can always pull an s pen from my Note phone.

The tablet has low resolution and bad day light viewability tho, and actually I would rather draw on my Note phone than that tablet because the higher resolution, fast response and good brightness. Definitely get something atleast fullHD to be able to draw comfortably. (I guess my Raytrektab + Note phone combination is a portable version of my Tab S7 FE + Gaming laptop home office set up?)

1 Like

OMG I tried to look up more info on this model, and the Google result link I tapped brought me to this forum. :vb-rofl: We’ve finally hit the big time folks!!

7 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS - you are the first non-sales/promoted posting in Google!

A friend of mine did that with her brand new Galaxy S phone :sweat_smile: , lucky for her I believe she had it under warranty that also covers accidental damage.

I think that says something about TPCR’s Google bubbles since Duckduckgo just lists ebay and chinese sites. :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Hmm… I didn’t think about that. Searching from this Surface Duo, Google probably knows which sites I frequent, so perhaps it boosts TPCR results placement. Still a fun if briefly disorienting experience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My “Raytrektab 8” results from google.com on my iPP, on which I rarely use Google services or sign into Google, looks about the same as my DDG results. No TPCR at all.

1 Like

I want to something like this :nerd_face: Foldable Samsung laptop with a virtual trackpad outed in a pate (pocket-lint.com) , especially if its lightweight and the hinge goes at least 180 degrees so you can hold it as a tablet. Its still just a patent but makes sense and is somewhat similar to the current Asus dualscreen laptop.

1 Like

I keep watching videos and now the Boox Tab Ultra is top of my wish list. I’ve been trying to use my Max Lumi as a more multipurpose tablet to see if I’m okay with black and white. The holiday season is really giving it a workout anyway, with plenty of gigs to keep me busy.

4 Likes

We have a customer that is trialing a couple of them for their in house writing staff. So far mixed reviews with the biggest issue is that many of the apps that would seem a logical fit, like Acrobat, are not written/designed for an e-ink display, though they nominally function properly.

One specific example with it is that some of the menus can be hard to read due to the use of color representation that end up being the same or very similar in luminance value in e-ink

1 Like

Since I already have and regularly use the max lumi, I know that the apps I use render fine. But the max lumi is…big. I prefer the 10-11" size for tablets. But I already have the S8, and “need” that for games that definitely won’t render well on eink.

1 Like