Amazon (Android) Appstore for Windows

Anything in this worth trying?

How much does this bog down the overall system?

So, was it when MS made moves to open W11 to Android Apps that the MS/Google bromance cooled? Or was it when MS started (lowercase “p”) partnering with Samsung on hardware specific bundling when it happened? Or was it when Google saw Samsung raking in cash with foldables that it decided to jilt MS? Maybe MS lost interest in Google and its implacable demand to access all the data? Maybe the “rapid” rise of AI made it clear to both that their interests were too divergent to cooperate?

There’s a story there. I wonder if we’ll ever know the truth of it.

Yeah, questions like this make me wish for Jerry Pournelle and Chaos Manor and Byte and what’s-his-name from PC Magazine

1 Like

Dvorak?

2 Likes

He certainly was entertaining. In his own special way.

Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone… What Apple risks here is its reputation as a hot company that can do no wrong. If it’s smart it will call the iPhone a ‘reference design’ and pass it to some suckers to build with someone else’s marketing budget. Then it can wash its hands of any marketplace failures… Otherwise I’d advise people to cover their eyes. You are not going to like what you’ll see. — John C. Dvorak, 2007

Within the decade, Microsoft should have a minimum of 300 stores. They should do as well as the Apple Stores. — John C. Dvorak, 2012

3 Likes

Bill Machrone is the name I think you’re looking for - and YES - we could use both of them today.

2 Likes

nope…mostly garbage apps

I downloaded Angry Birds…but everything I wanted to download wasn’t available on the amazon app store.

Its bit more work but there are back ways to run APK files.

Haven’t had the time to really bother trying though.

1 Like