When do you think you'll replace your current tech?

I just meant trying it with a new OneDrive account just to see if that it was it is…

2 Likes

I may give that a try, but I REALLY want out of OneDrive!

@Eltos - you inspiored me, so I went OLD SCHOOL, created a new notebook in OneNote 2016 on my local drive, then manually copied each section from my old OneDrive notebook to the new one -

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL! Wish me luck!

2 Likes

GOOD LUCK!!!

This is what I have done, but I had to eliminate any trace of iPad or iPhone to do it…The new OneNote on Windows 11 does allow local opening and saving…

(I just really hate OneDrive…)

1 Like

Haven’t gone that far, but disconnected both from my old OneDrive Notes and created a new notebook in OneDrive call “Temp” that I can open from desktop and copy “stuff” I took notes of while on iPad or iPhone to my desktop OneNote…

I’m hoping that the iPhone 15 Pro Max is worth the pocket space because my goal then is to ditch the iPad Pro altogether and just go Surface Pro and iPhone.

AND

Hopefully Panos/Nadella will deign to grace us with an 11" x86 5g Surface Pro 10 that I can swap my M2 1tb ssd from my SP8 and FINALLY have my portable dream team…

3 Likes

Why does MS keep screwing up all the good application they have with only cloud storage when their cloud syncing service is quite shitty. OneNote, Whiteboard, Sway, you name it, are all very useful applications but lately a nightmare to use

3 Likes

GI’s in WWII called it FUBAR

1 Like

Well the new OneNote for Windows 11 does at least let you use local installs. But your point absolutely stands. OneNote for Android, Mac, iOS, iPad all requires craptastic OneDrive.

2 Likes