Galaxy Book 3 Ultra

Kind of excited about the prospect of this new 2023 Samsung laptop if the leaks are to be believed.
But S-pen capabilities paired with 13th-gen i7, 15.6" screen, and potentially an RTX 4050 discrete GPU… all in a 4 to 4.5 lb package?
This might be the creator laptop I’ve been looking for…

5 Likes

According to:

2880 x 1800 pixel screens.

EDIT: that calculates out to a 212.26 ppi screen for the 16" model, 13.57" x 8.48", 8x5 aspect ratio.

14" model is 242.59 and 11.87" x 7.42"
15" model is 226.42 and 12.72" x 7.95"

but no silo

If Freehand runs, and it’s straight-forward to select text using the stylus, where do I send my money?

4 Likes

16" at 2880 x 1800 AMOLED ought to be a very pretty display. However…

I’m more interested in the durability of their screens, after that screen crack issue (debacle?) with their last iteration.

Windows 11 can blow, too. I think the idea of any sort of digital privacy and ownership of your own software and hardware went out the ‘window’ about half-way through the Windows 10 life cycle. I wouldn’t trust any new Microsoft product today. Heck, I’m not sure I trust any new computer hardware product today.

Friggin’ cars the government can kill switch…? No thanks.

I’ll definitely be buying used for my next machine. I can even see myself getting back into the hardware hacking game. There’s tons of Wacom enabled screens floating around in the Great Material Continuum.

3 Likes

Disappointing to see it’s another Intel device. I really want an AMD one, and if GPD can do it, then Samsung absolutely can.

1 Like

One possible positive w/ an Intel chip is the ability to install Linux — we’ll have to see.

2 Likes

So they switched to 16:10 aspect ratio, nice. Low weight is also nice. Fingers crossed for the port selection.

Yeah I do not like that too and is why I run Blokada on my phone to at least being able to partially block the datamining. For pc if you use only 1 network than you can use something like Pi-Hole (there are solutions for Windows) or use the Hosts File (not sure if it also blocks MS’s own telemetry).

2 Likes