Drawboard pricing change

I could qualify for the educational discount and I would rather just find a new product - I refuse to reward bad behavior.

1 Like

Yeah I get that. Personally I’ve been talking with these guys (feedback, bug reports) for nine years, and I figured nine years is a lot of use out of a $10 app, or whatever I paid. So I’ll pay them $50 over the coming two years (the maximum duration of the edu discount, oddly), and then I’ll reevaluate.

Seems to me that they owe you.

2 Likes

I get that what they were charging wasn’t sustainable and I’m even prepared to pay more.

But what they’re asking for and how they went about it? Yeah, they absolutely can take a hike.

2 Likes

I’ve owned a subscription since it was in beta. A number of its functions have been absorbed by other programs so that the only functions I use it for are annotation and signing documents, both of which I can shift to other apps I already have. So, its a no go for me as well, for largely the same reasons.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what app would you shift to for markup?

Also, it sounds like the free version of Drawboard could still work for you if you don’t need pressure sensitive ink. Personally my already bad handwriting became even less legible without pressure sensitivity somehow. :sweat_smile:

Same.