Tablet Pro Pen Tool - Q&A, tips and tricks

We have a thread to discuss all on-screen toolbar apps, but I’m thinking that Tablet Pro Pen Tool (MS Store link) is complicated and interesting enough that perhaps a dedicated thread would be good to have.

I bought this in in the Windows Store thinking that it would offer an easy way to make the barrel button on the MS Slim Pen 2 act as a highlighter in Drawboard. If anyone knows how to make that work, please let me know. BTW hoping Justice (co-developer) will join us here at some point. :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

Hi JoeS, use the quick input panel to map a location click to the highlighter and a second one back to the main pen you use. You can find the quick input panel in the input - advanced. Or click the Bluetooth button once. Let me know if that makes sense.

3 Likes

Hey, thanks for joining! I’ll give it another shot in the coming days. I was a bit overwhelmed the first time I opened the app. :slight_smile:

I bought this as well, mostly to support the devs.

Turns out, the only thing I want software-wise are:

• ability to turn off the pen scrolling in web browsers
  • the ability to enable right-clicking on Samsung devices ---- and that last is a very low priority, since I mostly use a Staedtler Noris Digital Stylus

Nice video about Tablet Pro Studio (includes TP Touch and TP Pen) with @Cbutters and TP developer @Justice_Frangipane

3 Likes

Great find @JoeS and great video @Cbutters - looks like this will go on my weekend playlist because it seems a bit complex without a DEEP DIVE - but what a great utility.

1 Like

I bought a license back before they decided on subscription pricing — no interest since they went to that pricing model.

1 Like

There’s a code (STUDIOlaunch) on their website that lets you buy a lifetime license for $40.

Haven’t ordered it yet - not sure this isn’t more for creative’s and overkill for a mere note taker…

1 Like

From their page:

For a limited time we are selling a lifetime License. Please purchase it quickly if you would like the app on a non subscription basis. Lifetime license is $99.99 but is on sale to help with the launch of the STUDIO app. Please click add to cart and use the code “STUDIOlaunch” to get 60% off

No, I don’t do intentional FOMO as a business model.

1 Like

Well - I took the bait but ain’t in the boat yet - will have to wait until this weekend to dig into this utility.