The MS Surface Line is 10 years old this week

I hadn’t realized that. In some ways it feels like it’s been around a lot longer. And of course I didn’t sign on until the Pro 3.

We’re celebrating 10 years of Microsoft Surface all week at Windows Central! | Windows Central

2 Likes

Always regretted not getting a Surface Pro 1 or 2, and even moreso that they switched to NTrig.

2 Likes

I have the 2, now it is a dedicated e-book library device and whoa is it heavy compared to anything else these days.

1 Like

I had the Pro 2, the Pro 4 twice (m3 & i5), the OG Book, Laptop Studio, and still have a Go 2. Six in ten years and they’re the minority of the devices I owned. Ouch, let’s not think about the cost. :scream:

1 Like

One of my coworkers had a Pro 2. His big concern was how uncomfortably warm it could get, that and the sub 2 hour battery life.

1 Like

Pro 1 here. Loved the Wacom Pen. Did not like the fans though and the screen profile. The Pro 1 was the last I Core powered tablet that I owned. At that time, I used a laptop for most everyday work and a tablet for portability and note-taking. Since then, I have labored with atom powered tablets and varying degrees of nerfed Pentiums or Celeron powered tablets. The M3 Go2 is by far the best tablet I have ever owned. It allowed me to ditch the laptop for good.

The one thing I have sorely missed is the power of my original Pro 1. I would love an I5/fanless powered version of the Go, as I am wedded to the 10" size and <2 lb weight. Performance-wise, my current tablet finds its limits at the margins of its performance envelope.

2 Likes

Had the Pro 2 with battery cover. Loved that thing, it was a little tank. Writing on it was a real pleasure. The Surface line has given me quite a few of wow moments, providing that tech high that I missed since the original iPhone introduction. Typing this on a Surface Laptop Studio. :slight_smile: Happy anniversary Panos Surface!

1 Like

OMG, I completely forgot about the different type covers. I had the battery cover, the bluetooth attachment and the membrane type cover (keys were not raised - whatever they called it). These were such a great idea that, of course, Microsoft would drop the ball on developing them.

2 Likes

Touch cover! They even showcased one specific for music production, don’t think they ever released it though.

3 Likes