Surface Pro X Gen2

With the popularity of the Slim Pen coming from, mostly what I assume to be improved performance, moreso than ergonomic design, why would they also not be incentivized to add those same improvements to normal shaped Surface Pens?

1 Like

I think thatā€™s possible. Personally, though I like the new features of the Slim Pen 2, I actually prefer the feel in hand of the ā€œclassicā€ surface pen.

Iā€™ve only played around with the Slim Pen briefly, and Iā€™m sure I could get used to it, but I havenā€™t found anything that feels as good as the Apple Pencil to me so far. I like a longer pen for the way I tend to draw/paint. Some of the old Wacom EMRs were fine, but always felt too light to me. I havenā€™t tried the newer ones though, maybe theyā€™re better.

I will say having some of my core Android Apps on my Pro X has breathed new life into my experience, I still prefer using the Pro X as a tablet over my Pro 8, using the Slim Pen 2 for note taking and having access to Android apps is making it feel like a new device.

2 Likes

Yes itā€™s far from universal yet, but in some cases Android apps on the pro x are as much as 200% faster than they are on the i7 Pro 8 and they need a lot less RAM too.

Likely due to the ProX and the emulator both being ARM based designs