Shipping needs to be more flexible

Hey - that’s a LONG bicycle ride buddy…

3 Likes

On a tangentially related note, I’m waiting for one of those telco appointments where I’m supposed to be home “between 8am and 5pm”.

On Sunday I looked on their website, and I see “between 4pm and 7pm”. Wow, kind of late, but nice to have a narrower window. Yesterday I check again, and I see “between 11am and 2pm”. Oops! Almost missed it. This morning I get a text: “between 9:50am and 1pm”. What the f?

So I am home at 9:50am and check the website: “This appointment is in past”. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Possible correction: although last time this happened both Amazon and USPS agreed that my item sat in El Paso for 4-5 days, this time Amazon’s tracking shows it traveling from Baltimore to El Paso during that period while USPS just shows that it shipped with a “partner” in El Paso and continued to “ship” every day in El Paso for that period.

SNAFU all around. Whatever, I give up. I’m tempted to order it again 2-day (it’s even $1 cheaper now), get it a day earlier, and return this first one out of spite but it’s not worth it. Besides, they might accidentally send it to Alaska and then to Hawaii or something…

3 Likes

End of story: it was delivered an hour ago. That’s the kind of screw-up they should do more often. :wink:

4 Likes

That’s like a “bank error in your favor” card in Monopoly.

3 Likes

Gotta love this special offer:

Turns out the special offer is “Congratulations, you can sign up for a month of Amazon Prime, for the normal price”. A very special offer indeed.

3 Likes