OnePlus Pad (2023)

One more question if you don’t mind. How’s the reflectivity of the display in bright or harsh light?

Reason I ask is that the prototype we saw wasn’t great in this respect, though it wasn’t awful either, just a notch or two below the iPad Pros or Samsungs Tab S series.

Here’s a video standing by a window with the sun shining through.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s actually really good for a sub-$500 device! Do you recall if the Robo & Kala got that bright?

The Robo & Kala was very bright. It had a beautiful bright and colorful OLED screen, it’s actually the thing I miss the most about the R&K tablet.

2 Likes

Before you send it back, could you do a jitter test to compare with @Eltos’ results on the R&K? (Maybe use Clip Studio Paint with smoothing turned off, since there’s no Paint on Android.)

Along with the firmware instability, that was the only major letdown of a device I really wish would succeed.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I have had the Oneplus Pad for several months and agree it is a great first pass for Oneplus into the Tablet territory and runs smoothly for the most part. Pen and keyboard are nice options but find I do not use the keyboard as much as I thought.

1 Like