MS to "merge" Intel and ARM devices in Pro 9 model line

Cutting it close to get it through US regulators in time. I don’t think Panos will commit another “NEO vapor” announcement

1 Like

Oh yes he would - it’s in MS’ DNA…

3 Likes

This reviewer concludes the best WOA laptop is a M2 MacBook Air:

Harkens back nearly ten years ago to Ed Botts’ article:

2 Likes

Yep. We just need some daring Apple employee to leak the hidden macOS mode and we’ll have the best WOA tablet in the iPad Pro.

1 Like

:pray:

, not really surprised by that. I think with its low weight and compact size it should have a 360° hinge (but I can imagine MS not wanting to cannibalize on their Surface Go or Pro sales). Currently the Laptop Go is not all that unique (compared to Surface Laptop 13.5", which sits at a more popular screen size and has some big advantages for a slightly higher price).
The Laptop Go does seem to be great for writers though (compact size, vertical space, great keyboard). For a writer the entry version might even be good enough, than you do get a cheap device for some of its premium features.

I haven’t used any other WOA device so I can’t compare, but as I‘ve commented before, my M1 Mac mini running Parallels running WOA last December impressed me. So I do not doubt Lon’s conclusion at all.

BTW, he’s one of the most underrated YT reviewers IMHO and so far the only one I know of who has ever bothered to hook up a “Kill A Watt”-type meter to a laptop to compare power usage. Very simple and useful but it seems that none of the other reviewers care.

3 Likes