iPadOS 16.2

Thank you, thank you, thank you and @JoeS . I didn’t know what that super-annoying feature was called and thus couldn’t find the setting for turning it off nor search for how to do so on the web. "How do you disable the thing where if you move a window any freakin’ place close to the top of the screen it expands into a bizarro land of unwanted options?" wasn’t getting answers.

I was able to turn it all off at last! Sooooo much nicer to not have to avoid moving a window near the top of my screen! :partying_face: :dancing_women: :tada:

Those are actually some of the more common concerns issues with this release. Apple has told a couple of our biggest customers (off the record and no implicit promises), that they are investigating multiple options to address/improve this.

One scenario would be a variation on the ideas of profiles where for instance you might have three. One being tablet only, one being with Magic keyboard attached, and a third “docked” mode that would by default be at least minimally preconfigured for an external display, mouse, and keyboard and would for example recognize that you might want natural scrolling for the trackpad on the magic keyboard, but want reverse scrolling on your Logitech mouse.

And all that sounds good in theory, but of course executing it is the hard part as any Windows users like me could tell you.

1 Like