Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 6

No - it is an OS one because the vast majority of US businessmen have iPhones and/or other Apple gear. Yes it is US-centric but most definitely I have to operate my business in that “centricity.”

1 Like

With Samsung market share dropping like a stone in China, wonder if well see some mega promotions here on the fold 6 in the US to keep volume up? Samsung’s foldable phone empire folds

One can hope, but I think this is not just a “China” problem for Samsung. A lot of techie journalists out there find the Fold design dated and boring; too tall (still); too fat (still); too costly.

Are any of the cheeper penabled Chinese competitors available in the US?

I don’t think so (except for the usual third party importers) and then what do you do for service. Yes, it is our problem because there aren’t any alternatives here. Maybe the fold 6 will break the mold (at least a good number of rumors hint at a better front screen dimension).

Have you considered the OnePlus Open? It does support a stylus.

I considered it myself except I preferred the Pixel Fold aspect ratio and the one bad thing going around about OnePlus is their warranty service on it. The OnePlus Open subreddit even has a sticky warning from the moderators not to buy it.

I also couldn’t get a deal on the OnePlus on ATT. They don’t sell it.

Same. We’re on Verizon’s Network. Looking at the OnePlus Open, it’s in the same range as the Fold and Verizon typically knocks off between $800 and $1,000 for trading in my Note 10. I think OnePlus gives $180 for the Note 10.

I believe you can get your hands on a Honor V2 Fold.