Next Apple Event - May 7th

Apple’s next product event happens on May 7, and it’s probably iPads | Ars Technica

and also…

Apple announces May 7th event for new iPads - The Verge

3 Likes

Heard that a new Apple Pencil, this time with more variety in the pencil tips, is in the cooking. New iPad Pros will be prohibitively expensive, though.

A larger iPad Pro is unlikely - and even if, it would make what´s already prohibitively expensive yet more prohibitively expensive (14-16 inch dual OLED display will drain the wallet in a hurry…).

Slightly off topic: Brad Colbow mentions that ProCreate may be made available for desktop after all, but it will still take a lot of time. Now, THAT would be huge - hopefully an Android version will then be in the making as well, would give the platform a massive boost.

1 Like

So now Gurman is saying that the first M4 chip will appear in the new OLED iPad Pros???

He also doubled down on the idea that there will be 12.9 iPad Air.

If the m4 iPad pros are real, that tells me where Apple thinks the future is.

1 Like

I know most people think they won’t be announcing the new iPad Mini 7, but that is the one thing that I would insta-buy. I can hope…

3 Likes

Agreed that the mini hasn’t been updated in awhile, but OTOH what could they do that would make it a compelling upgrade?

Putting something like M3 chip in it would seem to be ridiculously overkill given it’s size and common uses.

Possibly OLED display? The problem there is if they did that, there aren’t currently any OLED panels in the size range of the mini that I can locate…

1 Like

As a Mini user, I agree with @Desertlap. Although I use my Mini for some important tasks (to me), there isn’t anything that demands an upgrade from my POV. If Apple produced an M4 mini (just kidding), I would have no interest in it…

1 Like