Never another Samsung device

When told it makes sense, replying before my morning coffee it seemed like a reasonable post.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I too thought it was a really person.

Well, for a moment at least.

1 Like

Anybody got a turing test handy? But yes, the complete lack of “hi, new here” etc makes the posts seem very bottish.

Yup, given the rote/sterile responses I’ve seen to few of my own posts, I think you are right.

But who’s behind it? Samsung? Seems at least possible given they have been all pro Samsung posts…

2 Likes

If you read the one in the S21 Ultra thread, it sounds like Samsung-speak. The one thing that AI does appear to be facilitating is a more Orwellian environment.

3 Likes

Both posts contain links to phonearena in not english. My guess is social media monkey or an SEO bot.

1 Like

That was a new expression for me, please elaborate.

1 Like

Referring to a human being whose job is to do the grunt work of SEO optimization.

2 Likes

Yeah I often pooh pooh the whole apocalyptic skynet thing, but OTOH, one of the underlying premises of 1984 and more directly the Terminator movies is/was that technology was just an enabler, initially…

I wasn’t sure if it was a derogatory name for social media influencer. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m going to start calling influencers Social Media Monkey from now on.

2 Likes

@here. The spammer was banned. A quick look at their user profile showed their email corresponded with the not-so-subtly linked site (cellphonearea (dot) com) they had shared in the post. I think this marks my first (and hopefully last) ban here.

6 Likes

If it becomes more than just a one-off issue, you could consider limiting links in posts to users who have been around for a certain length of time or who have a minimum post count, though that last one can lead to spamming to get the post count up.

4 Likes