Microsoft Surface Pro 9

I do! Apple was able to get things working very well with Rosetta. I think Microsoft will eventually too once they have a crowd-pleaser like NUVIA where they can say confidently to Apple: game, set, match. Money=motivation. I think the Pro 9 is them merely setting the stage of the Surface as a tablet-first, iPad Pro-killer experience ergonomically speaking with the volume rocker and power button in iPad-like positions in advance of the Pro 10’s NUVIA moment.

In the meantime, I think I could recompile the application and get it working. It would just take me a couple of hours of poking around in the source code (it is open source, but it is a bit complex though too, it being a 3D printing program) and build configuration. This is of course something I do not expect any normal end user to ever have to do. I am still a little on the fence and am wanting to keep it just because of how much better the battery life is than the Pro 8. It does not help that I have a jam-packed week and I want a device that is a help, not a hindrance.

2 Likes