Microsoft Surface Pro 10

The article suggests that the device revealed may be only one of many SKUs. I would think there will be a series of preconfigured SKUs.

2 Likes

If so the Elite OLED with 16gb and 1tb will disappear instantlyā€¦

Correct.

Also, Snapdragon X series supports PCIe 4.0 including NVMe storage so user upgradable M.2 storage should remain just as we are well acquainted with and have grown to expect at this point in the Surface Pro line. See the official specifications from Qualcomm that have confirmed this:

Storage

SD: SD 3.0

SSD/NVMe Interface: NVMe, over PCIe 4.0

UFS: UFS 4.0

1 Like

That is correct. I was just relaying rumors, that initially anyway, they might not have user replaceable SSD or perhaps they may have a hybrid approach.

One customer that has a fairly solid track record un this area thinks there might be two surface pro models.

A Surface Pro Plus, with you guessed it, the Plus chipset, fanless and a standard LCD screen and no user replaceable SSD. Targeted towards a lower cost. And possibly even thinner than the Pro X was.

And a Surface Pro Elite with OLED, fans and user replaceable SSD, but thicker and higher priced. And also an additional USB4 port compared to the Plus.

This same customer also got the impression that this was a fish or cut bait moment for the Surface line and if it flopsā€¦well.

Again rumors only at this point, so take as such

4 Likes

:clapping: :pray:

I think your customer is spot on - as Iā€™ve said a couple of times in various threads around here - if Surface Pro 10 (consumer) is not a break out device (or Snapdragon Elite/Plus flop) so goes the Surface lineup for M$ - ESPECIALLY if it doesnā€™t spike Copilot usage :satyarr:

2 Likes

@here

Considering the emerging details and the Snapdragon Xā€™s integrated 5G modem, it seems likely that the consumer variant will be named Surface Pro 10 with 5G. This reasoning aligns with Microsoftā€™s announcement that the Surface Pro 10 with 5G for Business will have a delayed releaseā€“when being, of course, in June. Consequently, it is plausible to expect that the Surface Pro 10 with 5G for Business will feature both 5G Intel SKUs and 5G Qualcomm Snapdragon X models.

1 Like

Assuming of course all the performance claims remain accurate

If they do offer two options as suchā€¦the Thinness would make it hard to choose.

Even if the lower end model has lesser specsā€¦it they can get the device down to Pro X thinness or thinnerā€¦that would in my opinion make it more compelling then the better Model, which if it has a fan will likely be the same thickness at the Pro 9 5G.

2 Likes

:+1: :+1:

Fanless. All the way! Iā€™m trying to recall my last fan cooled device. I think it was my Acer 3820TG gaming laptop circa 2010.

Edit: No, it was my X301 (probably 2010-2013-ish)

2 Likes

A GREAT laptop at the time - but look at those prices: https://www.cnet.com/reviews/lenovo-thinkpad-x301-x301intelus-review/

Got mine from the Outlet. Used it until I got my Pentium Gold Go, which outperformed the X301ā€™s 1.4 ghz Core2Duo. But I do digress.

1 Like

Of all my classic thinkpads, the x301 is the one that still gets pulled out most often.

Iā€™ve also been using the Pro X without a case and wow is it thin. I donā€™t see how they can go much thinner. Would it still have a kickstand?

On the other hand, I just figured out how to do another thing with Android on my Tab S9 Ultra that I thought I could only do on Windows. And that means I can work with the spen instead of having to keep the surface pen charged.

2 Likes

I think (quite often) that my problem is wanting hardware far beyond my meager software needs warrant.

Point in fact, this week I never left Outlook, OneNote, Word, Excel, Acrobat Pro, Safari (could have easily been Chrome) - jeez

2 Likes

Yes. I use mine with the keyboard cover only. Its hard to see how they can get much thinner.
Cradle in the keyboard sees that I have a fully charged pen with me too.

2 Likes

All I want is a full review of the SP10. Performance, battery life, etc. (Cries, loudly)
Theyā€™re not shifting on eBay, with the SP9 still holding value (UK).

3 Likes

Aragorn: The beacons are lit! TPCR calls for aid!

NotebookCheck: And NotebookCheck will answer.

:wink:

Sigh.

I bought a Pro 10, i7, 32Gb model for Ā£1,250. Already have an M600 2Gb Mini waiting (well, being used in a SP8)

Pretty nice spec and should hold a bit of value until the consumer models arrive.

2 Likes