Lenovo Tab P12

Interesting combination of features…

Lenovo’s future tablet may be a 3K, mid-range eReader with powerful speakers (msn.com)

2 Likes

Very interesting concept but WHY are they always Android?

2 Likes

and why are they so rarely Wacom EMR?

3 Likes

Because Wacom’s licensing is both expensive (roughly 3x that of MPP) and IMHO overly restrictive

1 Like

For the expense, to me it’s worth it.

I am guessing that the licensing restrictions preclude certain form factors/CPU combinations?

1 Like

Likely in the form of non-compete clauses that limit participation in certain market segments and / or form factor / hardware configurations that are seen as competitive.

Market segment might be the bigger issue…

yes exactly . Things like devices smaller than 10 inches, or larger than 13 inches plus some tech issues with certain types of display tech or even AMD processors

EDIT: Samsung gets a waver/pass with their own devices as they own some key IP with EMR and actually license it back to Wacom

I really wish that:

• Samsung would allow using Wacom’s control panel/drivers
  • that additional form-factors of devices would get made

Given that Wacom is now down to just one size of Mobile Studio Pro (and that is $1,000 off here in the U.S. but it’s out-of-stock), and their display listings range from the 12" Wacom One (at ~$400) through the Cintiq Pro 27 (~$3,500) one wonders just what they are carving out space for.

Interestingly, a couple of the business pen displays seem to be re-badged Wacom Ones:

As I’ve noted in other threads, I think a Wacom One Touch paired w/ a Raspberry Pi 5 is a promising setup (the first-gen Wacom One I have worked well w/ a Raspberry Pi 4).