World Series 2022

Here’s hoping we can top “Cheese” as an all time off topic hit.

Astros in FIVE…

1 Like

An exlusive American topic? Doubt it.

3 Likes

Care to make a prediction?

1 Like

Here’s my prediction: Everyone gets a free taco at Taco Bell because of (fill in the blank). :wink:

Seriously, though, my prediction is the Phillies win.

My brain wants to auto-complete “baseball”. Am I close? Major sports fan over hea obviously.

2 Likes

Considering the U.S. domination here my prediction is that I’m skating on thin ice.

2 Likes

Seriously though, :baseball: or :football:?

Neither.

1 Like

Also, what other parts of the world is involved in the World Series? It is a national championship for Christ sake.

1 Like

And not followed by every American either. I haven’t paid it a bit of attention since 1994.

1994-95 strike
What happened: This one still makes baseball fans sick to their stomachs. The 1994 season ended on Aug. 11 and never restarted. For the first time in American sports history, an entire postseason was canceled because of a labor dispute. No World Series meant some fans never returned to the sport [e.g. me; emphasis added]. Baseball didn’t start up again until April 25, 1995, nearly a month after the regular season would typically start. Instead of 162 games, teams had a 144-game schedule. Yeah, it was ugly. … Baseball strikes and lockouts: A history of MLB work stoppages | Sporting News

… But here I am contributing to its topic anyway. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Invented here and title established before baseball moved around the globe (well, at least Japan and Cuba)…I don’t name 'em, just a casual follower (can’t remember last time I watched an entire regualr season game)…

1 Like

Those of us living in the Philadelphia suburbs have forged an identity as long suffering fans of the game. The team struggles along throughout the season, only to collapse in September like heros in a greek tradegy. This year, they oddly failed to collapse and now find themselves in the national spotlight, playing a championship series against a nearly perfect baseball team.

The whole region is quite unsettled. The population is so confused that people are being nice to each other and smiling.

As far as baseball itself, yes, it is a game from an earlier time and doesn’t have the excitement or appeal of football or football (soccer). But, baseball is the perfect game to listen to over the radio. I love sitting outside in the summer, lounging in the heat, listening to a game. I grew up listening with my dad and my daughter listens with me.

As far as the title World Series, it is indeed a National championship. But, given that our teams are made up of Cuban, Dominican. Puerto Rican and Japanese players, it does have an international flair.

My brain says that the Astros are going to kill the Phils. My heart says Phils in 7.

1 Like

Good luck old buddy - sports (all) just LOVE underdogs!!!

1 Like

Baseball, without a second thought. Baseball has the best legends, like Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig.

Well, this midwesterner (Wisconsin) who got to watch Warren Spahn/Hank Aaron and Bart Starr/Paul Hornung at Milwaukee County Stadium as a young kid would question that choice… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Since we can’t add reaction emoji to specific paragraphs, that :joy: was for this gem. :point_up_2:t2:

3 Likes

1-0. :vb-bouncy3:

3 Likes