WordPerfect Lives!

Me neither.

I’m already stopped at Windows 10. If 32bit support is removed from 12 or later versions, I guess I’m staying put. I have read that you can run Dos WP in a Dos Box under Android. Haven’t tried it … yet.

1 Like

THAT is the definition of desperation…

1 Like

As we say here in Jersey … “you’re damn straight.”

Or a bored engineer in our case. Yes, it does work, but it’s not a pleasant experience either to setup or use. You’d have to be REALLY obsessed with “show code” to make it worthwhile…

1 Like

“Reveal codes” is in @Bronsky’s DNA man…

2 Likes

Dale, thanks for the offer, but WP8 for Linux unfortunately doesn’t have PerfectScript so we can’t use it.

I do not have a general video, but here’s a link to a short video of Rachi using one of her input methods (a gaze scanner - she actually finds this more tiring than using two head-operated switches) gaze and another of a poster presentation (in Italian) about Rachi’s program from more than a decade ago poster. Corel is aware of what I’ve done, and have been helpful, especially J. Dan Broadhead the original author of PerfectScript, and people involved in alternative and augmentative communication are (or were) certainly aware of Rachi’s system.

My current projects concern powered wheelchair mechanical design and control systems, so I’ve just been refreshing “VOCA for WordPerfect” as needed to keep it working with updates in Windows (e.g. avoiding “modern” sleep; a bit easier now that I’m running Win LTSC, but still a royal pita.), WordPerfect (pretty straightforward) and hardware (e.g. fooling the HP X360 14 so that the keyboard can be used when folded as a tablet on Rachi’s wheelchair). It’s all keeping me busy in my old age.

Ciao,
Lenny

Leonard G. Robbins
Professore di Genetica (in pensione), Università di Siena
Professor Emeritus, Michigan State University
Sviluppatore di Ausili per Disabili, Developer of Equipment for Persons with Disabilities
Via Borgo di Tressa 317/C
53014 Ponte a Tressa (SI) ITALIA

6 Likes

Bravo my friend - keep up the good work. Sorry WP8 was too old.

Wow. You class-up the place.