What's your latest purchase or sale?

Thought it might be nice to have a place to share recent sale success or purchases.

I’ll start: having somehow talked myself into buying a Surface Laptop Studio it was time to sell my trusty X1 Tablet 3rd gen. Used eBay and got more than $600, so now I have a new tax form to look forward to come 2023. Thanks Congress!

And to reward myself for decluttering my place, I bought some new clutter. Amazon had a sale on the latest Kindle Paperwhite, got the 8GB no-ads version for $100 instead of the usual $160. Still not quite sure how I did it, but I ain’t complaining. :slight_smile:

So, anyone else recently sold or bought something?

1 Like

I recently scored a deal on a Samsung Tab S7+. I also upgraded my kids’ school machines to Samsung Galaxybook 12s thanks to a generous declutterer here. I now have way too many machines and need to sell a bunch of stuff. But, I’m lazy. Maybe this will motivate me to list a bunch of things.

2 Likes

I know right? It’s a pain. As I stated in the “I hate eBay” thread (not my title btw), I’m not a fan of how eBay, or rather Paypal, now reports sale amounts to the IRS if I understand correctly. We are supposed to pay tax on profits from online sales. This isn’t an issue for decluttering (sale value likely less than purchase price), but you will get an actual tax form and will have to attach receipts to prove the purchase price. Yet another tax form to figure out. Terrible. Doesn’t matter if you use Swappa, since that also uses Paypal. Cash sales over say Craigslist are not impacted, but I also enjoy being alive. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Facebook marketplace seems to be active around here. That’s local and cash with people attached to real accounts so less chance of axe murder. I’ll post stuff here first though. When I get around to it.

1 Like

I think they started charging a small sales fee too over there. Personally I have stayed away from FB, so I guess I’ll stick with eBay, Swappa, and the IRS! :smiley:

Maybe if you use Facebook pay, but if you just meet up for cash, there’s no way for them to charge anything.

1 Like

Recently grabbed a nuc11i7 with a 2060 inside. Waited ages to find one as they’re quite rare at this point in time. A little mini, portable (ish) gaming machine. I decided to drop the eGPU idea with the Pro 8.

3 Likes

What was the reasoning there? Cheaper to get a standalone gaming machine than putting together an eGPU setup? Or is the SP8+eGPU combo performance not up to snuff? Or just too cumbersome to carry around?

1 Like

I got myself a Lenovo X12 I5-1140G7 with 16GB/512GB demo unit.
Updated to W11 and couldn’t be happier.

3 Likes

Nice, congrats! Did you get a good deal? I love hearing where people score their good deals, to give me more chances to make impulse buys… :vb-grin:

Was a good deal.
Here in Germany the prices are a little higher then you have “over there”.
Paid ~€1000 shipped for that model

1 Like

The nuc was more or less free as it’s also a Hyper-V ‘messing around’ machine. Can’t argue with that. I actually had the enclosure and 1070 ready to put together as well.

P.s. One must never mess with Hyper-V.

1 Like