Trouble signing up? Read these tips

Trouble signing up? Read these tips

Let’s get you on board! If you are not receiving the activation email, first check in your Junk/Spam folder, as well as in the Promotions section of Gmail.

If the activation email is not in junk/spam, it is possible that your email provider blocks the email outright. In that case a simple workaround is to use one of the authentication options on the right of the signup dialog, see picture below, for example the “with Microsoft” button. This will automatically authenticate you via that account and not require you to click on a confirmation link via an email to confirm your membership.

If you still can’t get in, please email us directly at replies+support@tabletpc.review and we will look into the issue. And if that somehow doesn’t work (so far it always has :crossed_fingers:t2:) you can ask for help in this thread on Reddit.

Looking forward to welcoming you on the new and improved TPCR forum!

2 Likes

I was able to sign up and sign in fine, but some of the threads I can’t reply to. Like the 'Surface Launch Date and Predictions" thread…I don’t have the ability to Reply anywhere in that thread. Also when I click on your profile pic JoeS, I get the option to message you, but for Hifihedgehog, I don’t, just the portfolio button.

2 Likes

That’s intentional since outside of the atypical forum setup and backend work of last week, I try to keep family time free after hours. I have automated Do Not Disturb (and this is an option for everyone) on so outside of 8 AM-5 PM EST, my account is set to not be messagable. The @admins and @staff group boxes should still be accepting messages then though.

In some cases, that is intentional like for the category description threads which feed into the category text you see in the top level homepage. As for the Surface thread you mentioned, that was a meia culpa on my part for not educating the @staff on this. The parent categories I have set to not allow posts or replies since the intention is for all us users including admins to post in the respective subcategories below. From the admin view, unlike regular users, they can post anywhere and anyhow without restriction so @JoeS wouldn’t have known to not post under just a parent category. I will pigeonhole this thread to the correct subcategory though and that should fix the permissions for everyone like yourself who wants to reply to that thread. Are there any other thread(s) you noticed an issue with?

1 Like

But now he does! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You wouldn’t have known! Again, my fault for not letting you know. :slight_smile: