Thread links from the "latest" topics list don't always scroll to the right post

This happens fairly regularly: I tap a link in the “latest” list, and while the link is correct, I end up at a different post in the thread.

Example, I just tapped on the “2022 Samsung Galaxy Book 2” link in “latest” which correctly points to post 54 as of now, but I ended up on post 34 in that thread. Scrolling way down I do see the red dividing line at the correct place.

Is this a Discourse issue, a Firefox issue, or something else? Just me?

3 Likes

I have been getting the same behavior for at least a month. iPad, therefore Safari browser, if that matters.

1 Like

For me it’s Firefox on Win11 on my SLS. Maybe the site takes a touch too long calling up the latest posts.

1 Like

Happens to me too, independent of browser. Mostly using Samsung’s in Android.

2 Likes

Happens occasionally for me as well, using Chrome on my Mac.

2 Likes

This wasn’t happening before, so I am guessing this is a Discourse bug. I will make it a point to report this to them as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Might be that the database is just getting bigger, causing some slowdowns that we didn’t have before. Either way, not a big deal, but if it’s an easy fix: yes please!

Discourse handles forums with databases many times larger than ours, such as Blizzard Entertainment’s, so I am guessing there is a bit more to it than size alone. I am guessing it is a bug they propagated that no one has bothered to say really anything about or really noticed too much.

1 Like