The Best Drawing Experience?

@Bierot - I second @nyb72’s comment - I hope you become a full time contributor. By the way, would you care to give English lessons around here to the rest of us - your article was masterful, concise, and excellently structured.

2 Likes

I wish we spoke english here in Jersey. On second thought …

3 Likes

Thank you Tams.

Because my experience on MPP styluses is quite limited and outdated (I never tried the new Slim Pens, and all I know about them is what I’ve read); and my AES knowledge is the one I got a long time ago with my old Miix 700, I feel I’m not the best person to start wikis about these topics.

Nevertheless I will try to to my best to contribute to the EMR wiky. I’ve seen that the information currently available is all about facts with almost no opinions. Do you think it would be interesting to add some personal viewpoints on the drawing/writing experience?

3 Likes

Thank you everybody for your kind words. I’m glad to know that what I’ve learnt along my tortuous digital sketching process may be useful for some of you. I cannot promise anything, but I’ll try to overcome my “English writing” laziness and take a more active role at this interesting place.

5 Likes

I second the notion that we think you would be more than able to contribute, realizing that it is a team effort and not all on you to maintain. Bear in mind that the extent of contributing is adding your insight and improvements to the preexisting wikis for technologies and models of devices you have used. The beauty of our wikis as with all wikis in modern web culture is anyone can contribute to leave it better than they found it, whether that consist of publishing a new wiki from scratch, polishing up diction and grammar, adding citations and resources, or providing new additional content to the discussion. If the concern is making a mistake, after hitting the edit button and then hitting the save button, we retain full edit history via our forum software plus we have a full year of full system backups if you are concerned about making an error and it not being reversible. Ultimately, the choice is yours but we trust you, based on the depth and insight of your comments, that if you ever chose to contribute to any of the forum wikis, it would be left better than it ever was before. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I want to keep the wiki mainly fact based as source. But there are a few opinions in there as it is.

I think opinions could go in it. Perhaps as a separate section after the ‘mods’ section?

Though maybe a separate thread would best, with the wiki opinion section just being anything that there’s a consensus on? ‘Most people find…’ kind of thing?

Play around with it if you have time. It’s not like the length of the wiki is an issue as there’s linked sections.

1 Like