Tablet Accessories

I have one of those Microsoft folding keyboards. It’s so small when folded that I haven’t seen it for a while. Only thing it needed more would have been wired operation instead of just charging, then I could have left out the fullsize keyboard I carried in my work bag.

When the pandemic started, I bought the HP Omen Accelerator eGPU box in anticipation that I would have to work from home. It was cheap as open box unit, however I did not anticipate how the GPU prices went up practically overnight at the same time.

2 Likes

The keyboard is just plain Bluetooth, so there are no pins to worry about. The stand is really just a stand to lean the device in, so it should be fine for most types of tablets 10 inch or smaller (possibly also bigger, but don’t have any to try if it’s still stable).
Disadvantage is of course that there’s no actual connection, so if you’re worried about the device falling out in an unstable environment, that night be a concern.

I actually glued two strong magnets inside to line up with magnets in the tablet I was using around the time I got the keyboard (Cube i7 Book), which actually held quite nicely. I also modded the 8 inch Dell Venue 8 Pro 5855 I had afterwards with one magnet, so it also held relatively stable.

Currently, I’m occasionally using the keyboard when typing on my Onyx Boox Note 2.

I recently lost a keyboard and this looks like it would fit many of my needs. For those interested, I noticed a good price here on eBay for just $43.99 that I was notified of via my Capital One Shopping browser plugin:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313549929409

Is that the same as @Bishop’s Tablet Accessories - #3 by Bishop

1 Like

Yep! eBay also just added this offer:

Extra 7% off with code SEVENBELOW

Does it require external power to run all those ports?

Yes, it does.

1 Like

Update on GPU prices dropping:

later

2 Likes

Maybe the mines have played out (just like the old West)…

2 Likes

it’s kind of related, but the talk about bluetooth keyboards,

i am looking for a much smaller form factor that will work with phones.
(like windows phones)

i have a thread here, in case someone has some leads:

thanks

later

1 Like

Recently, the Compact USB version of that that went on sale, right after the one I was using w/ my Raspberry Pi died an untimely death, so I bought 3 (eventually, long story).

Anyway, I’m using two such keyboards (the one on my desktop is still okay, and I’ve replaced the one on my RPi), and have two to spare. I wish that they would update this w/ USB-C, and a more robust wiring connection (or better still, a cord w/ suitable strain relief) — hopefully that will happen before I go through the two spares.

Short tangent. Is crypto mining still viable? In Europe electric bills are through the roof after Russia went into Ukraine. And hasn’t the value of crypto fallen?
Sorry, don’t follow it closely.

I think one of the big guys (Ethereum?) went from proof of work (computationally intensive) to proof of stake, so for that coin having tons of GPUs is no longer needed. I think Bitcoin is still mined “the old way”, but if I understand correctly it’s out of reach of the little guy. Like you’re unlikely to make your money’s worth I’d you buy a good GPU and start crunching numbers. I don’t follow it closely, so take this with a grain of salt.

1 Like