Surface Pro 7+

@Bloodycape Sooooo… can you still return this thing? Sounds like it’s a lemon! “Open box”, yeah right.

return period is up, but it is under warranty(added complete to it 2 weeks ago). If a clean install doesn’t solve it then I will probably do a warranty claim.

Related question: If I do a warranty swap. I can just take the upgraded SSD & swap it into the other device & just inputting the bitlocker key should make everything work normally. Or would I have to do anything different special? Will that affect the product key or is that tied to the serial on Surface devices?

1 Like

You would be fine but… if the problem is in the OS load and not the hardware, you’ll be right where you started

1 Like

I will do the cloud rest first & then go from there. Want all the bases covered.

2 Likes

Had a white spot on the display so getting a replacement device. Just to be clear I can take out the SSD out & put it in the replacement device without doing much corect? Or is there something more to it?

Does anyone know what camera driver the 7+ uses? MS support tells me this is wrong. Then made me download & run the driver msi. I did & it installed the same driver again. MS told me again that’s the wrong driver & the cause of my green screen of death when hello fails(at least once a week).
That was enough to warranty a device replacement but after they inspect the device. I told support I’m a small business owner & rely on my surface. It worked as I will be getting a replacement device in the coming week.

2 Likes

I guess I have to send my device in first then I get a replacement device. Support told me via email that getting the replacement first is not an option anymore for consumers. Support also said that if I go to a Best Buy store they can do instore replacement. Best Buy said that’s not true they send it in to MS at a slower speed than I would. lol. That new Samsung Galaxy 360 13" sure looks nice. :thinking:

1 Like

Sent my device in & it was damaged during shipping, ms said they won’t cover it with the standard warranty, which is odd since I have Complete. Got the device back yesterday not fixed & been waiting for a week to see what ms support is going to to do. It was so much nicer in the past with advanced replacement option. I’m frusted enough that I almost want to get a diffent device, maybe a Samsung 360 or any other 11-12in or compact 13in device.

Customer service at Microsoft has become hit or miss. I’ve had both. When it’s bad, it’s really really bad.

1 Like

This is honestly the first time it’s been what I’d call bad. I got an email back saying I’d need to pay $500 to replace it becasue the standard warranty doesn’t cover it. Like dude you saw the device has complete care & told me it was covered, so why am I being told it’s not covered? I didn’t know how the hinge broke. I really just want to loudly wail uuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkk but it’s 90 outside & I’m at work.

They’re telling you the hinge is not covered under complete care?

Could it be a misunderstanding? Standard warranty may not cover it, but MS Complete should.

Yeah ms support is being awful. They see that I have complete care but was being told the standard warranty doesn’t cover it. Finally got the support rep off email to call me & now will get it covered under the complete after complaining. He also said MS stopped offering advanced exchanges. It kind of sounds to me MS wants to slowly move out of this segment with how bad my support experience this time around is.

1 Like

As they should. Glad to hear it sounds like this is getting resolved! The advance replacement option has been gone for a while unfortunately, maybe more than a year. Hope the replacement device is perfect!

1 Like

That’s weird since they did an advanced replacement for me earlier in the year. In this case they said it’s an option for the corporate customers. Also had to pay the $50 fee cause the device was damaged & ups said it wasn’t theirs fault & took theirs word for it.

Since Complete has accidental damage protection I’m surprised you have to pay anything at all. If you say “yup, all my fault, dropped it from the highrise balcony”, would they charge anything? I would have thought no.

I’m not sure. I remeber in the past I had to pay $40 when my surface 3 fell 1ft down on its side by accident.

1 Like