SDuo OG Android 11 Update rolling out

Well, it’s here. Mine’s downloading and updating…

2 Likes

When do you get Android 12?

1 Like

Won’t you let us enjoy the A11 even for an hour without reminding us how screwed we are😜

5 Likes

I don’t have a SIM in it, so I can’t opine about call answering, etc.

Overall, a bit snappier. Playing hide and seek with the system UI changes to A11 that are independent of SDuo. Gestures seem good (TBH - I wasn’t having gesture problems back when it was my daily driver). Nothing here that makes me want to reintroduce Android to my daily OS issues.

Nice, but meh.

4 Likes

Not exactly a ringing endorsement old buddy…

Of course not, because I am the epitome of screwed up - test driving a MBP14+iPP11 vs a SP8 - that’s downright insane… :woozy_face: :flushed:

4 Likes

What can I say? "Just trying to keep it real on the mean streets… " – Rajesh Koothrapali, Ph.D.

3 Likes

I have an att unlocked one, so maybe they will update in a few weeks.

i haven’t noticed any bugs with mine currently. so it might not make much
of a difference to me.

later

1 Like

Seems the update starts to roll out for the AT&T one
Android 11 Rolls Out to AT&T Locked Surface Duo (onmsft.com)

Desktop mode in DUO?
The Surface Duo Has a HIdden Desktop Mode Feature (onmsft.com)

3 Likes

Maybe MS should just license DeX from Samsung?

got the Android 11 update on mine now.

Cant really tell much of a difference, besides some of the interface,
because i didn’t have any issues with it before.

later

1 Like

Got it this morning. I can say with certainty that touch got better, but that’s all. Still is good to have it.

Android 11 on my Surface Duo feels a lot less stable than Android 10. My device has crashed several times where the right screen is all white and the left screen is black. Had to hard shutdown the phone each time. Also, when opening the phone and unlocking it, sometimes touch is not working at all. I have to put the phone to sleep and wake it up again to get it to be responsive. Anyone else seeing these issues?

Not the crashing but the loss of touch while pen still worked. FWIW, I have the same problem before the upgrade.

I am…I have to reset my duo at least twice a day. I’m having issues where one screen will be black and I can’t switch. Closing the DUO and reopening it sometimes fixes it, but sometimes doesn’t, so its a gamble. I think it may be somehow app related, cause I notice it alot when I’m using spotify. However I’m just getting one of the screens black, so far haven’t had the other one turn white.

also at times I’m seeing a delay in touch responsiveness.

Just updating to Android 12 with OneUI 4 on my Fold right now.

Gotta give Samsung some credit for bothering to keep older devices updated (and the Fold came out before their most recent update promise). And shame on Microsoft for being so slack.

1 Like

Android 12L might come to the Duo later this year:

later

1 Like