Samsung Galaxy Book3 360 and 360 Pro

The problem is, to get good pen behaviour, one has to go all the way back to Windows build 1703 and forgo security updates.

Yes, I thought about buying a Windows 10 Pro license and doing this, no, I didn’t do it, mostly because I was expecting turning Windows Ink off would fix it.

GIven that the biggest thing I was worried about was Freehand and it runs, I’m just putting up with it for now — I do need to check and see if it’s a Google Chrome thing — I think it is, since I just selected text in Notepad just fine.

1 Like

We haven’t tried it with the 360 specifically, but a customer with the non 360 pro did and was unsuccessful due to the latest version of TPM in the 13th gen core I.

They also were told by Samsung Tech support that Windows 10 was unsupported on the new systems.

Kind of a kludge, but it is possible to run Windows 10 as a virtual machine instance with hyper V and Windows 11 pro

1 Like

By the way, in your table, the microSD row is repeated:

1 Like

Good eye! Fixed.

1 Like

Thanks for this info. That’s a bummer though.

You know where I can pick up a Windows 10 Pro license for a reasonable price? I’m just looking to upgrade the Windows 10 Home on my Pro X to Windows 10 Pro.

No, I would have bought one at the local Staples or Best Buy.

FELT NIBS! Took a punt on the Wacom ACK22213 Felt Nibs and they fit very nicely into both the s-pen and Amazon Scribe pen. Feels a bit nicer to draw on the screen now, but going to put it through its paces this afternoon as I’m animating stuff right now.

EDIT: Million times better. I think it’s actually improved the line stability and tracking some more as I’m not so wobbly from the slick screen. Highly worth the investment.

4 Likes

Good to know. Have you ever tried the HP pen Zbook felt nibs? Curious how it compares.

1 Like

Yup, had the felt nibs on my ZBook pen (when I had it)! Similar feel in that the felt nibs track and pen better for me, personally. I always felt the zbook felt nib was a bit rougher feeling though which could be a pro or con depending on your personal perfence (I didn’t like it at first); that’s being hyper critical though, I really don’t think after 1 minute of use on either nib you’ll notice the difference between both felt nibs. Also these are readily available and cheap, so more than happy to have been reunited with some felt action.

2 Likes

Is there a matte paperlike screencover for the 15.6 inch laptops? I have a setup that I really really like with my Tab s8u but I’m not finding a lot of paperfeel screen protector options on Amazon.

Iv’e seen a screen protector advertised on Etsy, but no idea if it’s any good or no.

I swore off them after putting one on my Newton Messagepad wore down the stylus tip to the point that it cracked and scratched the screen.

Okay, what gives?

Apparently if one winds up at the business page one gets the option of Windows 11 Pro?

at the same price as Home — anyone know if it’s possible to get the software upgraded?

1 Like

Try upgrading with some W10 Pro oem key (cheap but cannot be used for multiple devices).

2 Likes

This

just arrived — the Size 16 fits the GB3 Pro 360 as if made for it, and the front mesh zippered pouch holds small accessories (charger, cable, &c.) nicely. Strap is long (but narrow) and works for over the shoulder or cross-body carry.

1 Like

Please, please, please tell me how to disable the stylus scrolling rather than actually doing anything!

How can I get the stylus to work as a mouse?

Asked at:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Computers/Stylus-scrolls-in-Edge-on-Samsung-Galaxy-Book-3-Pro-360-how-to/m-p/2533826

@WillAdams fwiw, I find that in some apps (just tried in Firefox) you can e.g. double-tap a word to start a selection, and then extend that selection using the pen (with default Win11 settings). Unfortunately the same approach doesn’t work in Word, so it isn’t universal.

1 Like

I am way past text selection — that’s just the biggest symptom.

If you have a moment, download:

It works fine w/ a mouse, or trackpad, or w/ the stylus on my Wacom One on my MacBook — it doesn’t work w/ the stylus on my Samsung Galaxy Book 3 Pro 360 (but it worked mostly okay on my Samsung Galaxy Book 12 running Windows built 1703) — and to add insult to injury, it sort of works via touch.

If I’m supposed to use touch, why did I pay for an active digitizer?!?

Would someone please tell me who is responsible for my active stylus being dumbed down to an 11 touch input WHICH DOESN’T EVEN WORK AS WELL AS TOUCH!

Anyone else’s unit in an endless cycle of rebooting and updating?

I’m about to get out pen and pencil and begin tallying…