Rumors of next Surface Go and/or a smaller Pro (The Verge)

Plenty of room. MS might have to shave off a half-inch from the oversized trackpad. I agree that it is a necessity.

1 Like

It will be tight as I suggested, because based just on screen sizes the 11" only adds 0.28" on the deck size, but it might be doable with a 1/2" bottom bezel…price is starting to ramp up…better integrate Android really tight with Win11 to ramp up “tablety-ness”…

This is all also assuming they stick with the 3:2 aspect ratio.

Much like how Apple slowly shifted its iPads away from what was their universal 3:4s to 10:7 and 3:2

To accommodate things, Microsoft could shake that table.

1 Like

Wonder if they could incorporate a more modern hinge and setup from the IBM Butterfly keyboard? Truly awesome.

1 Like

Good indication a new Go is on the way. And a bargain in itself if your needs are light.

Microsoft Surface Go 3 – 10.5” Touch-Screen – Intel Pentium Gold – 4GB Memor y- 64GB eMMC Device Only (Latest Model) Platinum 8V6-00001 - Best Buy

1 Like

I know we’ve been discussing the upcoming Surface Go somewhere, but where? Anyway, I found this mentioned on Windows Central:

Good thing we’ve got people here who can point is to the right commercial vendors. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’ve heard that as well. It’s possible MS are pursuing a similar path that they did with the Surface Pro 7+ where initially it was a business channel only device and was ultimately a stopgap device prior to the arrival of the Pro 8.

It also jibes with what we’ve heard from other sources that the Go has pretty much dried up at retail and is only selling to businesses.

BTW people should not be ready to dismiss the use of the N200 chip in the new Go. In our tests of the raw processor /motherboard it was significantly more performant than the M3 used in the current Go.

3 Likes

I3?

Yes the i3 which is actually a relabeled core m3. Intel stopped using the core m branding, but the chip is a slight rev (.1ghz) of that.

1 Like

I was playing with the old M3 LTE Go last night to see if I could get the GPS chip working in Open CPN so that I could use it as a marine chart plotter. It made me mad that Microsoft has completely abandoned the perfect sized Surface Tablet. The size is ideal. All it needs is new guts, an updated pixelsense controller, a proper keyboard cover and a garaged pen.

3 Likes

Or in other words for MS to suddenly become a completey different type of company than today? :laughing:

1 Like

That would work for me. :skypenod:

4 Likes

BTW being serious for the moment, we have heard that at least a couple of the OEMS ar at least considering true ~10 inch tablets based on the new Snapdragons as the highly flexible TDPs could be great for a fanless iPad level thick Windows tablet.

I’m crossing my fingers

4 Likes

The things I would do for a 10-11 inch full desktop OS tablet with good battery life and an EMR pen. I probably shouldn’t say them out loud.

2 Likes

It’s not like unicorns don’t ever happen. But there’s always something that’s not quite good enough and so people don’t buy it, it gets dropped, and it never gets tried again. :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I almost bought that when it came out. I think the RAM scared me off, or lack thereof.

I think for others it was because it didn’t have an OLED screen like the 12-inch one had. And with the earlier Fujitsu Stylistic Q584 Tablet it was because it was white and had large bezels. The black one that came next didn’t go anywhere.

It’s always something.

True. And if they put everything in everyone wanted, that something would be Price.

But as an artist, RAM is definitely important to me, … and battery life, and pen performance.

1 Like

Absolutely! And I don’t mean to imply that the things lacking are necessarily unimportant things or that people shouldn’t reject a device because of them. But it really is always something. Goldilocks who never finds her perfect bed.

1 Like

Oh for sure. It’s why we have so many choices to begin with, and why this forum is so helpful for those that find it. Back in the old TPCR days I definitely was helped out to find what would meet my personal list of needs, or really wants.

2 Likes