PC World: I wish 8-inch Windows tablets would come back

There’s actually some off branch mini laptop at that size with keyboard still being produced from China or some while label stuff using celeron chips, but getting your hand on them is not easy. I wish they would at least upgrade to the AMD Mendocino chip ( and if possible at least 1080p 8 inch EMR, I’m looking at you Raytrektab).
An unbranded device that is still being sold online here and updated to new version annually:

Intel Celeron J4105,Ram 12G DDRam4, 7 inch 1280x800, SSD 256 or 512 GB.

5 Likes

My Dell Slate 8 has updated to 2023-02 Cumulative Update Preview for 22H2… I left it running overnight. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a Dell Venue Pro. Slate 8, I think, was the base model.

1 Like

Haha, that one is best little knock off of the ThinkPad look :wink: even the style of the hinges…! Do you know if it folds?
I wonder if this is an actual physical track point out one of the optical ones devices if this size class tend to use.
The display could have been a bit bigger though, but I guess that’s the price of the low price :wink:

I used to have a 7 inch device for about 2 years as my main work device, it actually worked quite well (the One Mix Yoga 2s). I’ve turned to slightly larger devices now, 10 inch seems to be the sweet spot for me.

However, I share you all’s find thoughts about the 8 inch slates - I had the slightly higher powered Dell Venue 8 Pro 5855 with an x8500 SoC, which was pretty cool!

I don’t really know, I didn’t buy it because it doesn’t have pen support. Probably track point is a cheap part because it’s only like 350$. I think it can’t be folded back to be a tablet, it’s strictly a mini laptop. The screen does have touch however.