OneXPlayer 2

I couldn’t help it. I jumped onto indiegogo and pre-ordered (perked) a 16Gb, 512Gb version. Not a bad price, but still nowhere close to a Steam Deck.

But why?

Well, the AMD 6800U cpu is more than fast enough to replace my main pc (12th gen nuc). An extra 512Gb of storage via sd card is welcome, with a stylus also being offered! I know, crazy. The removable controllers also make me feel worthy. It was the OXP2 or the ayaneo 2.

Hope it works as intended!

OneXPlayer 2

3 Likes

It is pretty crazy that it has a keyboard (connected via pogo pins no less) and stylus support.

What a chonker though. Still, in the same category as the Steam Deck, normal GPDs and AYAs.

I think the reason Valve are being cagey about even talking about updated hardware for the Deck is because they are treating it like a console. They must surely be subsidising/taking a loss on the lowest spec model, and even the higher end ones can’t be that profitable. They make their money from getting people to buy games on Steam.

The others are all hardware only companies, so havebto make all their money from the hardware. That gives them great incentive to update it fairly regularly.

1 Like