Microsoft Surface launch date predictions and rumors

Been over a week and still nothing, and I tried twice. Shall I try a third, or have they wised up to this cheat?

I know @Nnthemperor had a difficult time getting approved. I know that he is a non-US customer though and they may require several tries before letting you in to ensure you’re real and not a bot, perhaps?

1 Like

Yeah, give it another go.

Folks, it could be the “proof” of business purpose. I had a TIN for my PLLC because I needed to open two business bank accounts (under Texas rules every lawyer must have a trust account to hold client funds). Even though I’m basically a sole proprietor for federal tax purposes (1040 and Schedule C) I look much more like a “business” than most.

1 Like

As I moaned about for months, I still have that ProVantage order pending for the TAA Demo SLS. ProVantage doesn’t list any ETA, but if I can believe the CDW stock statement (see here) for a similar TAA i5, it’s still “4-6+ weeks” out. Meaning they probably also don’t have an ETA, but at least they don’t seem to expect this model to arrive before April. Wait and hope JoeS, wait and hope…

I had an identical SKU on order at CDW for the Surface Laptop Studio that I placed some months later at ITsavvy, and only ITsavvy fulfilled it even though both drop ship from the exact same source with the exact same shared stock levels: Synnex. Of all the places I have dealt with, CDW is about as dependable as winning Publishers Clearing House. On the other hand, ITsavvy is worth signing up for and ordering from. Everyone here who has ordered there has gotten their order fulfilled. Only gotcha now is all the Surface Laptop Studio demoes except for the 2TB model have dried up since Microsoft seems to only inject one round of these demo units soon after release. Sorry if you were planning on it, though I will check their site regularly to see if stock pops up again!

1 Like

Does this mean any pending TAA demo model orders are not going to be fulfilled because the total number of demo units (TAA or no) has already been issued?

Not sure. The strange part is I never saw any TAA demo units come through ever for this new generation of Surface products. It could be Microsoft is forgoing the TAA demo units this round or just having to hold out a bit longer. I don’t necessarily trust Provantage either though even though they are better than CDW which is absolutely horrendous at fulfilling anything. By the way, the 2TB model Surface Laptop Studio just ran out of stock now in the last day or two. Here are all the demos I am seeing right now on ITsavvy. There is a boatload of Surface Pro 8’s of almost every kind (they have even the elusive 32GB RAM model back!). There are also Surface Pro X’s, which, parenthetically is probably why the Pro X failed as a WOA halo device. Normally, within a few months, the demo units dry up for a new Surface product but to this day I am still seeing a surplus of Surface Pro X demo units which shouldn’t be the case.

ITsavvy Demo Stock Levels

1 Like

What’s really strange is shortly after I got my SP8 16gb/1tb they disappeared yet they still have the SP8 32gb/1tb for an incredible price of $1305.

1 Like